4 years ago I had RNY - Any tips?

onechunkymonkey
on 5/7/12 1:51 am - Novato, CA
Today is my 4 year anniversary from when I had RNY. I have lost track of how & what to eat.  Any tips?  I have about 20 lbs that I want to get off. I am at 150.6 this am - Want to be closer to 130.

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

poet_kelly
on 5/7/12 1:58 am - OH
Do you remember what you ate six months post op?  Mostly protein, about a cup of food at a time, no drinking with meals?  Just do that again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aaaaaaa
on 5/7/12 1:58 am
 Well, first of all...I'd change your "name" because the one you have isn't very positive to a good weight loss image!   lol

Then;  Keep track of your "bad" carbs, and replace with more protein and complex carbs.  Are you getting exercise any more?  I know that when I stopped my regular walking routine, I went up some.  Keep track of the amounts you're putting in, and how often.  Journaling again is a good idea so you are really being aware.  Good luck! :D

onechunkymonkey
on 5/7/12 2:06 am - Novato, CA

Seems so simple when you write it all down. I don't exercise as regularly as I should. Weather is starting to get warner so I will start riding my bike with my 9 year old daughter.  As for food - What are your normal day to day meals?  Today I had a piece of toast with Peanut Butter & a light n fit strawberry yogurt. I got about 1/2 the toast down & 1/2 the yogurt. My office dog loves when I don't finish the yogurt & even more when he an get peanut butter out of me. LOL - I just feel like I am craving sugar all the time. I try to stay away from it because I have HORRIBLE hypoglycemia episodes when I have to much carb or sugar. I never range high, always low! IT sucks!!

Thanks for the reply's.

And the name is actually for my daughter. When she was born we use to call her our chunky monkey. My email even has it in it. LOL 

onechunkymonkey
on 5/7/12 2:06 am - Novato, CA

Real name is Sara

aaaaaaa
on 5/7/12 10:40 pm
 Well, now I have to forgive the name as it's for your daughter! :D

So as to food;   I eat a varied diet.  I eat a lot of Chobani or Oiskos Greek yogurt,  lots of different chicken dishes from the 30 minute meals of "Ray", salad (the bagged kind because I'm lazy), my favorite veggie is edamame,  lots of snacks like almonds, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, and of course the occasional protein bar (atkins or Think Thin).  I do eat about every 3 hours (either my main meal, or a snack) and I drink a lot of crystal light through the day.  Now, I do have bread on occasion, and I have popcorn on occasion also, and yes, I have the occasional dip into the world of ice cream, but it is the Skinny Cow bars or no sugar added stuff. 

I find writing it down gets me back on track, just like with my money budget.  When I feel I'm spending too much, I write it down so I see where its going.  You can do it!!!! Good luck!!   Have fun biking as the weather gets nice!  I am stealing my 20 year old's bike since she's not using it anymore. :D

Laura in Texas
on 5/7/12 2:21 am
I had my RNY a few months after you. I log my food on myfitnesspal. I watch my starchy carbs and plan all my meals. I am determined to stay at my goal weight. Good luck!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

onechunkymonkey
on 5/7/12 2:33 am - Novato, CA

Does this fit in with your family & kids well? That seems to be a big issue for me. I have a 9 year old who I need to get more involved with. I also need to get her out of the house moving more. Maybe bike rides this summer will help.

Eliza55
on 5/7/12 2:59 am - PA
I found that if I fed my kids a healthy balanced diet, and I limited my intake of the same foods it worked out. To this day, my youngest doesn't each much refined carbs.

I encourage you to weigh everything, write it down, and go hiking, take walks etc with your kids.  It's good for you both.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

JB1114
on 5/7/12 3:16 am - Grain Valley, MO
My surgery was 4 years ago this July.  I've always been conscious of my eating, keeping track most days.  I never made it to 150 but I want to.  Actually, I planned on 130, but it never happened.  I gain and lose 3 lbs. 

No drinking with meals.  I couldn't if I wanted to because drinking even a little bit with food, causes pain.  My meals are very small.  My problem is snacking and that's something I have to really watch.  Unfortunately, the snacks I really like are carby.  I keep sugar to 10 grams or less. 

I think if I would exercise regularly, I would probably lose the weight.  My calories are around 1100-1200 per day  so I'm not overeating.  Just haven't found an exercise I like. 

Go back to the beginning, make sure you get in your protein and watch your carbs.  Don't consume empty calories.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?