What kind of protein Shake/bar are you using?

onechunkymonkey
on 5/8/12 3:15 am - Novato, CA

I am 4 years out of RNY. I hate breakfast so I have skipped it most of the time. Messing up my blood sugar. I drink an Americano from starbucks M-F. I can't have milk as my pouch hates it! I love it & would really enjoy a glass of good ol Vitamin D - no chance!

What kind of shake are you using for breakfast? i tried egg with cheese but it's not always possible with time constraints in the AM. I am up & leaving my house by 6:10am.  Any advise on how to get more protein in & not take 20 minutes to make it, would be appreciated! THANKS 

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

_Donna_
on 5/8/12 3:18 am
I eat a Quest protein bar every morning for breakfast. Can't get any easier than that! 20 grams of protein!

RNY 5-5-2011

onechunkymonkey
on 5/8/12 3:23 am - Novato, CA
Where can I check out these bars? That sounds fantastic!  Are they tasty?

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

_Donna_
on 5/8/12 3:26 am
Questproteinbar.com   BUT when you are ready to buy them, PLEASE go through Nik's website so she can get a little kickback for it.   www.bariatricfoodie.com

RNY 5-5-2011

NevillesMom
on 5/8/12 3:20 am - MA
 I like Pure Protein

poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 3:26 am - OH
My favorite is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino, but I also like Oh Yeah! ready to drink cookies n cream, Oh Yeah! ready to drink banana, Chike banana, Chike vanilla, BSN Lean Dessert protein banana cream, ENS vanilla cake batter, the Isopure smoothies (any flavor) and a few others.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lanagirl
on 5/8/12 5:37 am
Hi Kelly, I just got the Nectar cappuccino in a sample. Do you use milk or water when you make it? I always use water for all the other flavors but I thought this might taste better with milk or maybe 50/50. I am lactose intolerant so it would be Lactaid or soy milk. Thanks!

poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 5:38 am - OH
I use milk.  Soy milk is fine, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/12 3:47 am
RNY on 04/18/12
I use unflavored protein powder and add to chicken broth (or beef broth, but I like chicken better) that I've heated to 130 degrees F or lower.  I am only three weeks out and I am at a stage where I cannot stand anything sweet.  I have this for breakfast almost every day.
paranoidmother21
on 5/8/12 3:57 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I make up the next day's shakes the night before while I'm packing left-overs for DH's lunch - one chocolate (I currently use Body Fortress and About Time, rotating them), and one vanilla (again, rotating Body Fortress and About Time Birthday Cake). If milk is a problem for you, you can do the same thing with the Syntrax Nectar fruity shakes. Then all I have to do in the morning is grab one and it's ready.

I also mix up greek yogurt with SF preserves and protein powder (this is strictly the Body Fortress) forlunch once a week, doing 5 or 6 small containers, so again, after that 30-40 minutes I spend once a week, it's grab and go the rest of the time.

Finally, while dinner is cooking, I measure out my fruits and veggies for each meal/snack the next day into containers. Once again, my favorite, grab and go.

Pre-op I was NOT big on planning meals and having things set up, but I've found that I do much better post-op when I do. It saves me from the impulse eating that I engage in when I don't have what I need easily available.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics