Should I be worried? (TMI)

hstull1013
on 5/8/12 12:18 pm - AZ
I am calling my Dr. first thing in the AM but really starting to freak myself out. I have not encountered any major issues since my surgery 7 months ago but the last few days have me worried. Friday I was completely fine and then that evening ended up in the bathroom with minor diarriah and a little stomach cramp. There has been a bug going around so I figured it was that. In a few hours I felt fine and woke up Saturday with no issues. Although I felt better Saturday I noticed that I could not really eat much (just a few bites). I didn't think this was abnormal because somedays I don't eat much and others I do good. Fine Sunday. I really did not have any bowel movements during the weekend other than Friday. A small one Monday but nothing really. Today I was at work and started getting this pain in my stomach and then gargling in my belly then I felt like I was going to have an accident in my pants. I ran to the bathroom and had a little slimely diarreah (sorry TMI) but nothing in excess of what I felt was going to happen. Since then I have felt this dull cramping pain off and on for the past few hours. I drank some water and it made the cramping start again.

I have never had this happen. Of course when I start doing research on what it can be my mind starts panicking thinking the worst like a bowel obstruction.

I am not in massive pain and I am functioning but still worried.

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
soozieq
on 5/8/12 12:35 pm, edited 5/8/12 12:36 pm
It sounds like the flu.  But, I'm not a doctor and without being checked out you won't ever know.  Have you called your doctor?

Try to keep as hydrated as possible.  You don't want to get dehydration on top of what you're experiencing.  I hope you feel better soon.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/12 12:54 pm - OH
A bowel obstruction would be accompanied by severe pain, so you can relax about that.  If you start to HAVE severe pain, though, go to the ER.

It is probably just a bug, but of it continues tomorrow you should probably talk to the doctor just in case it is not since it has been several days (even though it has been off and on).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chatterpam
on 5/9/12 3:01 am - PA
I had that yuccky flu bug and this is how it affected me as well...it happeneded over 2-3 days and not consistently... like you I couldn't eat much and it didn't feel very good once it got in there... however, every now and then - for no apparent reason I will get a mini diarreah episode but it is usally just once or twice in a day and then I am ok.

Like some folks said already - if you have a concern seek out professional medical advice or head to the ER.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics