Question about Wonderland....

Angie H.
on 5/8/12 1:34 pm - TN
I am 2lbs away from 80lbs lost post surgery and 100lbs lost from my highest weight!!

So my question is this:

Do I get to count Wonderland from my highest weight of 250lb? Or do I have to wait and count it from my surgery weight (230lb)?

I can't believe I am at a point to even ask that question!!!!

Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!! RNY is awesome! It has changed my life!!!

BWB
on 5/8/12 1:36 pm
I think I counted it from my weight at first consultation. So go ahead and count it.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/12 1:40 pm - OH
FWIW, I have always heard of "Onederland" being when someone gets under 200 pounds in weight rather than when someone loses 100 pounds.  That is usually referred to as joining the "Century Club".

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 1:56 pm - OH
Same here.  I thought it meant when you reached 199 or lower.  Not when you lost 100 pounds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angie H.
on 5/8/12 2:00 pm - TN
Hmmmm... Interesting point ****rogirl... I guess I've seen it both ways now that you mention it... However, I really thought to join the Century Club, you LOST a hundred pounds. Interesting....

I guess if "the rules" here on this forum aren't too strict, you could count it which ever way was more signicicant to you. My highest weight EVER was 285, but I started this journey at 250 and that is the weight I would like to count if it is ok.

If I used the that definition to Onderland (under 200lb) I would have hit that landmark already. I really think I would like to use the definition of losing 100lb as joining the Century Club. That would be more meaningful to me and my journey.

So do you think it is ok to use my weight of 250lbs as my start point?

Thanks for the opinions and info!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/12 3:20 pm, edited 5/8/12 3:22 am - OH
"However, I really thought to join the Century Club, you LOST a hundred pounds. Interesting...."

Ok, now I'm confused. That's what I said... reaching Onederland (note the spelling, hence the definition) is getting to under 200 lbs (one hundred and something) and joining the Century Club is when you lose 100 or more pounds... :)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BWB
on 5/8/12 1:59 pm, edited 5/8/12 2:00 pm
I guess you are right. I was 199 when I whooped it up.but it was close to my 100 lb loss too.  It is spelled Onderland or onederland ?  There is your clue.  It took me a while to figure out what everyone meant when they reached it.

Angie H.
on 5/8/12 2:04 pm - TN
Interesting follow up here....

I did a search on this forum and it seems that most posters felt:

Onederland IS when you reach 199

Century Club is when you LOSE 100lb...

Very cool info!!

Guess I need to revise my question then! LOL!!

iisme
on 5/8/12 2:08 pm
Yep, onederland is when you hit 199.9 or under.  But dont worry, you'll be there soon enough. I had surgery in January 09 and hit wonderful by July. I was a tiny bit over 300 when I started the journey. I couldnt beleive my eyes!
Good Luck!

10 pounds loss pre-op
Angie H.
on 5/8/12 2:13 pm - TN
Very cool.... So I hit Onederland a while back  -  11/07/2011!! Yipee!! And I didn't even realize it!! LoL!!!

Now I am waiting on the Century Club!!

2 lbs to go!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?