End of school parties:(

Kallen27
on 5/15/12 2:56 am
They have been cooking out at my school since yesterday and are having hot dogs, pizza, cookies, chips etc.... I have been eating that stuff since yesterday. I am 5 months out and down 70 pounds. I feel like I am already slipping back into old habits. Please give me encouragement, they are cooking out until Friday:(

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/15/12 3:05 am
This year - you probably can eat that and still lose weight ... next year and year after - you may gain... This year may be the best time to learn what to do - and what not to do. 

During times like that I do the following:
1. make sure I eat every 2 hrs - my own food. Protein first- when i am not hungry I will not grab a cookie - just because it is there
2.  Allow yourself one treat - but literally one - not one every 2 hrs. Pick one thing that you really want and get a small portion - after you ate your meal - snack.  I get my own dark chocolate and eat that instead of any sweet that are available at a party. Or really nice protein bar (power crunch?)

Hot dogs are not really that good - but not that bad either. Top that with some veggies (tomatoes or lettuce) and you are fine. 
Remember that most sauces have a lot of sugar in them: ketchup, barbecue, etc.
Most coleslaw also has sugar added. Baked beans - you bet... Stay away from that.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kallen27
on 5/15/12 3:16 am
Thank you! I am feeling disappointed in myself

Dee.spunk
on 5/15/12 3:23 am - Sacramento, CA
Don't. We all have slip ups. The point is what we do when we have them. Do we just give up and continue to do it? Or do we decide we are only human and make better choices next time? I've messed up, but I make sure I make the right choices after that. A treat every once in a while is okay. Just don't make it a habit.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Kallen27
on 5/15/12 4:19 am
Thank you!

seattledeb
on 5/15/12 10:21 am
 That's what the whole journey is about. Food that is tempting and yummy is not going to go away.
I work in  cookie ,candy, and pizza central. Grateful families love to give nurses treats.
Someday you are going to resist them, some days you are going to eat them. Try and learn things that work for you. For me, stay out of the cookie room. Have my own yummy food. Know that food in the room will not nourish or make me feel good.
None of us are perfect but we keep going on. We keep trying.
Deb T.

Kallen27
on 5/15/12 9:22 pm
You are right Deb! I know I am going to be around food like that for the rest of my life and I will have good and bad days! I am going to not beat myself up about today and STAY AWAY from the parties

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics