been home since sat night

jasonsmith
on 5/15/12 10:33 am - MO
had my surgery wed may 9th got discharded sat afternoon. blood pressure was up and down and so was the heart rate. Got in my howntown about 5 pm sat. one mile from home and a car broadsides our car. back to the er i go er done a cat scan with contrast and everything checked out good. Im just thankful nothing got torn up. still trying to figure out the fluids . small drinks make me feel over full and small sips seem to work best 6 days out how much protein should i shoot for.

newdreams22
on 5/15/12 11:00 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
Glad to hear everything is okay.. take your time and rest/walk/sip  try taking in 4 oz at a time of liquids  they also have isopure clear protein drinks, and unflavored protein you can add..
i had powerade diluted on my first week and clear diet. but everyone had a NUT plan from your DR.
I just started on protein shakes the most important is to get your fluids in..
take care good luck.. Eve
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/15/12 11:06 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Sorta funny we almost got rear ended twice on the way home from the hospital , got home only to find out my seat belt was not snapped in......So glad you are o.k. !!! ya just never know , you can survive a serious surgery to be hurt on the way home
I don't think you have to be overly concerned about the protein , just get in as much as you can.
Again you are o.k. !!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Larry Wassmann
on 5/15/12 1:11 pm, edited 5/15/12 1:17 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Glad you are OK. Sounds like your hospital stay was routine and it worked just as fine as mine did. I am on the cat food diet. Well it looks like cat food, but so far I eat about 4oz at each meal and so far so good. I am finding that things I used to love now I can not stand the taste. Nothing seems to make me full like you say you get. And I sip but I know I can drink just about as fast as I want because I forgot a few times and there was no pain or sickness. I guess we are all different. Nice to have the surgery over isn't it? Now we have learn to use our new toool.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics