Sick and Tired of stomach pain

Terry B.
on 5/16/12 3:11 am - Martinsville, IN
I am just ranting so feel free to ignore this post. LOL  Every time I eat, drink water, take my pills...I get an ache in my stomach up high and get really nauseous.  I thought maybe ulcers back but had an endoscopy and all is clear.  If I was losing weight with this pain at least I would have that!  My brain says if you hurt put food in and you will feel better...  After 2 1/2 years I still have food issues! 

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

poet_kelly
on 5/16/12 3:19 am - OH
I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  At a couple points post op, I have had a lot of problems with nausea.  Not as much pain, but just the nausea is awful.

What does your doc think is causing it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/12 3:19 am
I am 4 years post op. Some days it hurts. Some foods - it hurts all the time (tomato sauce - i.e. cold water, some drinks, vit C, most pills etc.).
But there is food that is OK. So I identified what and why - and avoid items that irritates the pouch and get more (smaller portions - often) foods that pouch is OK with.
You may also be dealing with adhesion. In the morning - when I start eating - drinking - almost anything - the intestines wake up and start moving... that when usually hurts the most. I do much better with hot drinks in the morning, nothing really acidic (had to put milk in the coffee or black hot tea) and start sipping very slowly.
Any abdominal surgery may cause adhesion to form - like  a band of tissue they gets attached small intestines and the pouch and everything inside - when we eat or drink - that causes all the insides to move - and that may cause pain. 

Then there is the food irritant issue - some food get my pouch really angry.  It hurts.  If I forget about that - I get reminded.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?