I joined a new club..but I have some questions

Kelly L.
on 5/17/12 10:39 am - San Jacinto, CA
 Big day today.. I am officially down 100 pounds. AHHH MAZZZ ING! But in true WLS style I have some concerns...
I am not suggesting to anybody that my way has been correct, however to use full disclosure, I have not been going to the gym.. Or really putting very much effort into the weight loss.Mostly because I have been really struggling with my health ( not trying to make an excuse..just being honest). So here is my concern.. If I have managed to lose this much weight so far, with very little effort, when will it stop? I mean I know that I COULD wake up tomorrow and find that the scale isn't moving, but so far I haven't had that issue.. My doctors goal is 160.. My goal is 155 ( pre wedding weight lol) .. 
I guess I'm just kind of wondering if I'm going to end up looking like a shrunken bag of skin before I finally stop loosing ( the bag of skin thing is already pretty applicable ) and.. How much weight loss is enough? I think I want to keep dropping until I stop but because I know how much trouble I have eating, I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get to a place where I CAN eat enough to stop the weight loss. 
Such a strange place to be considering where I have come from. I know this might not seem like a real issue to some.. But I am just curious if any of you have been in these shoes?

HW 274. CW 129

poet_kelly
on 5/17/12 10:43 am - OH
Weight loss will stop when you begin consuming as many calories as you burn in a day.  I did get below my goal weight and about 18 months out, I made a real effort to increase my calories a bit because I did not want to lose any more.  I have to say, though, it was a fun problem to have for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 5/17/12 10:46 am - Mills River, NC
Your body will stop when it is ready.  I thought I was at goal several times, then kept losing.  but I stopped, actually right where the charts say is my ideal weight.  Now I bounce around there.  I would have been very happy at the top of a normal BMI but I am pretty much in the middle. 

Check out the lightweight forum.  Lots of folks there with similar concerns, all kinds of surgeries.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

slashes
on 5/17/12 11:03 am
Congrats on making the 100 club !!! I am not thatfar out so the advice above is great.

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views