Weird episode today. Help?

Carrie W.
on 5/19/12 8:34 am - KY
 I had lunch with my BFF today and something scary weird happened to me. When we sat down I got really hot and started sweating. Like sweat was running down my face sweating. Then I got cold but continued to sweat. This went on for about 10 minutes then I was fine. 

Now let me give you a rundown of my activities. 

I'm working 2nd shift but just started last week. We're currently working 10s so I'm working 1:30 -12. I pushed the speed and distance of my runs on Monday and Tuesday. I got maybe 6 hours sleep those nights. Thursday I had to be up and gone for a dr appt at 6 so I got about 4 hours sleep and went directly to work. Today I again got 4 hours sleep, I got up to run a 5k. 

During the week I get 1000-1200 calories and 120g of protein. On Saturdays I relax the rules and pretty much eat what I want. Then on Sunday I only do protein shakes. 

I was hydrated before my run and rehydrated after. I had breakfast (one egg, turkey sausage and 1 piece of whole wheat toast) and some coffee. Then I went to a movie and had about 2 cups of popcorn, about a forth of a bran muffin and about 10 m&ms. Nothing unusual for a Saturday.

Im exhausted but that's to be expected, right?  

What do you guys think happened?  Was it exhaustion combined with dumping, just dumping or?i will talk to my doctor if it happens again. I thought somebody might have had this happen before. 

Thanks!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Lady Lithia
on 5/19/12 8:37 am
it ccould be reactive hypoglycemia.... I get shaky, sweat pouring like crazy etc. Did you eat anything while feeling awful? 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Carrie W.
on 5/19/12 8:43 am - KY
 That's what I wondered.  

I ate salad during the episode and that was all I ate. Olive garden salad is what I had. I wasn't hungry after the muffin. I sure screwed that up, huh?

cajungirl
on 5/19/12 8:55 am
Sounds like RH.....be on the watch for shaking and you might need to check your sugar if it happens again.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jennifer M.
on 5/19/12 10:16 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 It COULD have been reactive hypoglycemia, but actually, it sounds more like a hot flash.   When I have hypoglycemia, I feel like I'm going to pass out on top of the sweating.  You may want to have your estrogen levels checked.

Carrie W.
on 5/19/12 11:52 am - KY
 Lord, I hope not!  I'm 33 and have never had female issues before. 

poet_kelly
on 5/19/12 10:27 am - OH
Not dumping.

Probably reactive hypoglycemia from too many carbs and not enough protein.

If it happens again, eat something with some carbs and some protein.  LIke a protein bar, or peanut butter crackers, etc.  That usually fixes it.  But eating small meals every few hours, and including protein in each meal, usually prevents it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 5/19/12 11:21 am
I changed my eating habits and started having higher protein higher fat meals and lower carb overall and I rarely have any issues.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Carrie W.
on 5/19/12 11:58 am - KY
 I eat mostly meat and cheese daily. So maybe cheat days are out?

140angel
on 5/20/12 1:19 am
Why do you have cheat days?
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?