What I concider failure.....

donna68
on 5/20/12 2:22 pm
Went and saw my doctor on May 1 that is 35 days from surgery anniversery.  Since October my 4th month I have only lost 10-15 pounds.  She said I was doing fine and that I'm not through loosing... so when will it start up again.  I get my liquids in, I exercise..well maybe not as much as I should, but I do some.  I take my vitamins, I have no problem consuming anything so proteins are not a problem.  Calories vary as does everyones 750-1100 daily I work a 12.5 hour shift with an hour drive to and fro so gyms are difficult and outside walks are difficult to get in but my job is not a behind the desk job I'm on the go all the time.  I feel like I'm failing if not already have failed, she said I will always have this tool, that I havent stretched it, that I can continue to loose weight for a long time....anybody else ever go through this and I heard 12-18 months was only time you loose... am I stuck here or is there hope....Feel bad enough I dont need slamming I need helping... or at least the very truth ...good, bad or ugly....

Ladytazz
on 5/20/12 2:34 pm
How is your carb intake.  I have heard of people who ate very low calories but still couldn't lose weight because they had too many refined carbs.  Try avoiding all sugar and refined carbs and see if that doesn't help.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

donna68
on 5/20/12 2:39 pm
Thank you I will start tracking that... anything right now to help.  Dont get me wrong I am so much more healthy, but I sure did have aspirations of another 30-40 pounds off.

Ladytazz
on 5/20/12 2:44 pm
It certainly is doable, just a little more work then before but you do have a tool to help you do what you need to do.
I kept my carbs to around 50 while I was losing weight.  Made a big difference.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Scaura
on 5/20/12 2:42 pm - Fort Collins, CO
Well, I am not as far out as you, so don't know this from personal experience.  My doctor calls me a light weight and since my BMI was on the lower end of the scale, he warned me at my 6 week appointment that my weight loss will most certainly slow down a lot in the next 2 months.  I was 264 on my surgery day and am about 237 right now.  Not too bad for 6.5 weeks and I am happy with the 27 pounds.  He said he would expect another 20 pounds in the next 2-3 months, and then maybe 3-5 pounds a month on average from there on out.  He told me to stay off the scale and keep working the program.

I am looking at so many before and after pics and it looks like 18 months is when people post them so I am on an 18 month plan.  I hope to reach my goal weight of 150 by December 5, 2013.  That is a long way off and I have lots of work to do in that period of time.  If it goes as predicted, and I drop another 20 pounds by the end of month 4 and then 5 pounds a month on average from months 5-18, I will reach my goal and be at a 117 pound loss and 147 pounds.  I will hope for the best, but expect whatever my body decides is appropriate.  

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

donna68
on 5/20/12 2:55 pm, edited 5/20/12 2:56 pm
Thats a helpful thought, I too was what is concidered a light weight, surgery weight was 256, in June, by October I was 198 ish since then I bounce within 10-15 pounds off some days I'm 185, and sometimes I'm 183.... two weeks ago I had a day that I was 1 pound from 100 gone 177 from start of all this but I havent hit it... and I feel like I am doing wrong thank you for your insight....and back to my 183....I know the scale isn't the true story, but dangit it needs to catch up to the story I want to hear...lol

Reel
on 5/20/12 3:20 pm
 You lost almost 100 pounds in under 1 year. Be proud. You will lose more.
dasie
on 5/20/12 6:05 pm

I looked at your ticker...GREAT SUCCESS.  You have done really well.  You are only 40 away from your goal, and with your demanding job and your calorie intake you will get there.  I agree with your surgeon.  You are not yet one year out and are not done losing.  I know the closer I got to goal, the slower the loss.  I don't blame you for not getting to the gym...with that drive and your 12.5 shift, I wouldn't either.  Do you have room for a treadmill any  place in a room or garage.  That was a real help for me.  They are relatively inexpensive, and there are a lot of good pre-owned ones out there for sale.  100 pounds in less than a year...congratulations.

donna68
on 5/20/12 6:36 pm
Thank you for the reply....lol good thing I have good vision you typed in dark grey and a black background... I do use the kinect at home occasionally and walk the dog, and ride the bike for a few minutes every few days, just not consistant.  I have been working 5 nights a week so my 6th day I am sleeping, up on the 7th day is housework and laundry for the next week.  I thank you though for the suggestion I agree those might help.  And I know you are right about the amount of weight, I guess I just expected my "honeymoon" phase to last the 6 months as people described, was not ready for it to stop at 4 months and now am struggling for the last bit, and I know 40 isn't much but if weight loss was easy for us we never would have gone with the surgery.  That sounds really lazy doesn't it...maybe I am just having a woe me moment... and that sucks I hate whining...YOU are so right I am VERY VERY grateful for the almost 100 pounds gone could have never done it without the surgery,   Everyone says I look great, which is wonderful not really looking for the compliments ( not turning them away either) I wanted healthy and I know I am closer to that than before.  I needed a kick thank you ... didnt want to be slammed but I did need the kick.... thank you and everyone else that has replied so far.

dasie
on 5/20/12 7:40 pm
I hope you can read this.  There is a glitch, sometimes, where my posts who up like what you described.  I don't type them that way.  From what others have said, if it happens and you highlight the text, you can see it.

Keep coming here; for me this support has made all the difference. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views
Recent Topics