I think I Swallowed a Chicken Bone!

Reddheadd7
on 5/21/12 6:09 am - CA
Yes, I think I may have swallowed a tiny chicken bone. It feels like it's in my throat. I had gone to a Morrocan restaurant and brought home the rest of my chicken and it had little bones throughout. I'm scared of it not passing, getting stuck or causing damage somewhere. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to do a site search but nothing came up.

Help?

hedrider
on 5/21/12 6:11 am - Midlothian, TX
Call your doctor in any situation where you are in pain, unsure or uncomfortable.

Most likely, if you are not in pain or feeling obstructed then it will be okay to wait it out and see.  That's just my opinion.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Dave Chambers
on 5/21/12 6:53 am - Mira Loma, CA

I'd get it checked and not wait. My grandaughter "thought" she'd swallowed a chicken bone, and I took her to the urgent care center.  She felt like she had to cough, in her words, and she was around 8 at the time.  Doc looked down her throat, and then proceeded to use a long pair of forcepts, and brough out a bone about 1 inch long.  You need to eat slow to prevent this from happening again. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/12 8:00 am - TX
RNY on 06/11/12
Run to the phone don't walk and call your doctor! Chicken bones are very dangerous. NOT to scare you but they can splinter. That is why we don't give chicken bones to dogs. If it is in your throat, it can be gotten out by forceps at your local urgent care center or ER. But you do need to have it looked at like now. Good luck and keep us posted.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 230 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?