Unexpected NSV

unewillow
on 5/22/12 3:44 am - CT
This past weekend I was invited to the graduation party for my boyfriend's brother's fiancee. This would be the first time I met a lot of my BF's friends. We pulled into the parking lot and happened to pull up next to one of Alan's friends. We got out of the car and they greeted one another and then his friend looks me up and down, and goes "is this your girlfriend?" and Alan's all like, oh yeah, and introduces me. Then his friend looks at Alan and goes "wow!"

I was floored.

I have never in my life gotten that reaction from anyone, let alone a guy. I am still very uncomfortable with these kinds of things, but I'm learning to take it as the compliment it's meant to be.

april89love
on 5/22/12 3:52 am - NC
You go girl!!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

poet_kelly
on 5/22/12 4:01 am - OH
I'd be uncomfortable with that too.  I don't want people commenting on my body.  I think it's inappropriate.

I'm glad you see it as a NSV, but I understand the discomfort.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

juleskar
on 5/22/12 5:31 am
I think it's wonderful. I always have a hard time with compliments. One day my 14yo daughter was grocery shopping and we saw a old friend. He said "OMG, I didn't even recognize you". I looked at my daughter and said "Yes, she's really growing up". He said "No, I was talking about you". I was floored!! I blushed, because I haven't had any positive comments for YEARS!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 260 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics