Going home with a drain??

candlelady
on 5/23/12 5:41 am
I had a lapband to rny revision and was sent home with a drain.  has anybody had this and how long before it comes out??
poet_kelly
on 5/23/12 5:44 am - OH
They sent you home without telling you when the drain would be removed?  I would assume at your first post op appt with your surgeon, but you can call the office and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MichelleNC
on 5/23/12 6:33 am
Oh heck I would be calling the surgeon and asking him whats up with the drain? I will beg to have mine removed as soon as possible. Call and find out so you can prepare yourself if he leaves it in longer.
Good Luck

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 6:47 am - Bay City, MI

Prob a week. I had mine removed about that time. It sucks, and it hurts. Your pain will go away after it's removed, I promise. It's ok that you have it. Document each time you drain it, how much is in it. The doctor will need to know. You do not want them removing it if you still have excess fluid.

cuddles010982
on 5/23/12 7:27 am - Mt
I went home with a drain and was told it would come out at my 10 post op visit. unfortunately i developed a couple infections so the drain had to stay in for 4 weeks.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
candlelady
on 5/23/12 7:52 am
OMG....If mine stays in 4 weeks I'll rip it out myself!!  LOL!!

Country_Girl_Annie
on 5/23/12 8:05 am
RNY on 01/30/12
 Mine was removed at my first post-op visit, one week after my surgery. As for how, the nurse just snipped the stitches holding it in place and carefully pulled it out. She warned me that it might be uncomfortable and had me exhale while she was pulling it out. It felt very strange and, yes, uncomfortable. But it only took a few seconds and the discomfort went away immediately.
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views