multivitamin

maggaggie
on 5/24/12 12:22 am - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
is it centrum silver that has everything we need, or should i stick to a bariatric vitamin?
Surgery 5/29/12...
poet_kelly
on 5/24/12 12:25 am - OH
Centrum silver has everything but iron and I think vitamin K.  It's a good vitamin for most people but if you are low in K you may need to add that.  You'll also need to take iron separately.

When you ask if you should stick to a bariatric vitamin, I don't know how to answer that because I don't know what bariatric vitamin you are thinking of.  Some bariatric vitamins are very good for us and some are terrible for us.  The word "bariatric" on the bottle is basically meaningless.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

maggaggie
on 5/24/12 12:51 am - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
WEll, I'm under 50, so I don't know that I need the silver, unless it has more of what "we" (bs patients) need?

I currently take bariatric advantage multi-vitamin.
Surgery 5/29/12...
poet_kelly
on 5/24/12 12:54 am - OH
It doesn't have more of what we need.  It has 100% of the RDA of things, just like the BA multi does, which is what the ASMBS recommends.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/12 1:53 am
As Kelly said - it is good. But - you may need to add extra Vit K. Really important.
I had to add some even in first year. I was bruising very easily - and at time my iron and other things were good.  Once I added K - in pills and in creams - my bruising was decreased. 
(bruising easily indicate may indicate low iron , other blood minerals or Vit K)
Vit K is fat soluble so we may malabsorb that.
We do need extra iron anyway - taken with no other minerals - Hope you plan to add that anyway.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views