No approval from insurance needed

semitchell1972
on 5/25/12 12:38 pm
 I called the surgeons office today to make my next appointment. While on the phone I asked how long it normally took for the approval to come back from my insurance. I could not believe my ears when she told me that preapproval is not required. I still have to do everything that the insurance requires, but only to have documentation in the event that they deny the claim after surgery. I was so scared of the approval process because of some of the horror stories that some people on her have had. I am looking at the possiblity of surgery late July. I really hope that is right because I have a very limited time that I am allowed to take off at work. 

Now another thing. I had gotten a nasty stomach virus last weekend. I ended up at the ER from dehydration. On my recheck with my doctor they did more blood work just to recheck levels. I got a call from the receptionist at the doctor's office today that they wanted me to make an appointment to go over some of the results. Of course all of the nurses had already left for the day. Now I have to wait until next week to find out what is going on. I am a little scared because I have never had a doctor's office have me make an appointment to get the results of blood work back. It makes me feel like it is bad news. I really hope not because I really want to be able to have WLS this summer. Please keep me in your prayers. 

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend. 
Rhonda L.
on 5/25/12 1:05 pm - Rochester, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Good luck!! Have a great holiday weekend!
chowell
on 5/25/12 2:43 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
If you dont mind me asking what insurance do u have. i am in the process of getting everything i need for insurance to cover the wls and was hoping to also have it done this summer

Cecily Howell                

semitchell1972
on 5/25/12 10:27 pm
 I have Medicaid in Illinois. 
heather0205
on 5/26/12 3:56 am
I wish that were the case for me.. The policy my company has with Anthem BCBS will pay for every test and office visit for my surgery, but will not pay for the surgery. So I am going to be out about $ 19,000.00..  I think it's crazy.. We called from our office and they said where it is a small company, they do not offer Bariatric coverage. Sucks.... But oh well.. It's like buying a new car.. I'll pay for a new body for me.. :) 
fireflymkz76
on 5/26/12 4:37 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
yep it was that way with medicare too! 
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views