Are you still losing after your honeymoon phase

RainDiva
on 5/27/12 12:48 am
I am almost 8 months and boy did the weight loss slow down. I am no were near my goal. So I am starting to get a little worried that I actually won't make it to 155. I am 219 now. I believe a few people on here continued to lose after 12 months. But I need reassurance. I assume it may be harder and slower now but I really want to make it into the 100's

laura_vermont
on 5/27/12 1:00 am
 My surgeon told me that the time of maximum mal-absorbtion lasted about 18 months.  You've still got plenty of time to get to "onderland" - and you're close!  I did lose after the 12 month mark and many people continue to lose after 2 years.  Just keep following your plan.  
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/27/12 1:21 am - OH
MANY people continue to lose beyond the first year, although the rate of loss does slow down quite a bit at around 9 months out and again around 12 months.  It took me 20 months to lose 187 pounds.

Just hang in there and keep doing what you know you should be doing in terms of eating, fluids, exercise, and vitamins.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

TamaraL
on 5/27/12 1:34 am
i DID lose after 1 year.  very slowly but few pounds here and there but i was close to goal. 

If your not exercising, start exercising.  it will help speed up the metabolism

Tamara

Kat Kat
on 5/27/12 1:45 am, edited 5/27/12 1:51 am - AZ

I always knew it might not be possible to reach goal. My surgeon said the average weight loss from RNY was between 60% - 80% of the excess weight. For you that would be between
119.4 - 154.2 lbs gone, so you're doing great having lost 135 lbs and not being at the end of the honeymoon period.

Right now I've lost 73% of my excess weight, and feel so much better than I did a year ago.

We both still have time left, and since I'm a bit ahead of you time wise, I can assure you that although at 8 months out I slowed down significantly, I am still losing. Last week I lost 1 lb, and this week I lost 2.8 lbs. I have had weeks with no weight loss, and even small gains, but there seems to be a pattern, so I just keep plugging along and it all averages out by the end of the month that I am continuing to lose.

Try to be patient and kind to yourself. Eat and exercise according to your plan and the rest will fall in place.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I hit Onederland last Sunday, so it is possible.

Kat

sunnydelightinpa
on 5/27/12 2:23 am - Dawson, PA
I can go for months without losing weight then lose 7 pounds in 1 month now so yes u can still keep losing weight. Good luck on your journey!

lillypond...
on 5/27/12 2:36 am
It will be 2 years for me in August, and I am still losing, a lot slower but that is OK, it is still coming off sometimes I stand still, sometimes I gain a few but all in all I am still losing, but you have to continue to exercise and follow your plan- I still exercise and take my vitamins faithfully-- I was 365 now I am 185-- My personal goal for me is to get to 180, so I keep doing what I am doing and I know it will come off-- I am 5ft 10. so please don't stress your self out-- It will come off-- Congrats you are doing good keep it up take care :)
poet_kelly
on 5/27/12 2:43 am - OH
More than a few people have lost after 12 months.  It's not unusual to lose longer than that.

I lost up 'til 18 months, when I made an effort to increase my calories because I was 18 pounds below goal and didn't want to lose any more.  I would consider that all to be my honeymoon phase, though.

This year, I've lost about ten pounds, and I would consider this to be past my honeymoon phase.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hedrider
on 5/27/12 11:03 am - Midlothian, TX
 I did.  Keep eating right, don't let too many things slip back into your diet, exercise and you should keep losing as long as you choose to.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 2:45 pm - Boston, MA
 My surgeon said that I would lose for the first 2 years.  It's slower than it was at first but it's still coming off, I lost 4 lbs this past week without doing anything different than I've been doing the past 14 months.  Keep doing what you're doing it will come off!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 213 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics