You have to try Artic Zone Ice Cream

RainDiva
on 5/27/12 5:04 am
So after surgery. I tried low sugar and sugar free ice cream all of them made my pouch have a 2 year old hissy fit. I bought Artic Zone ice cream from my local Krogers
and royal duchess loves it(the pouch) it is expensive at almost 6.00 a pint but if you are like me and can't handle other types of ice cream and sometimes just want that little treat it is well worth it

here is the link for the website

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

150 calories per pint
8 g of fiber
gluten free
fat free
lactose intol
natural and organic ingredients
14 g of whey protein
kosher
no sugar alcohol

soozieq
on 5/27/12 5:13 am
Thank you!  I'm going to have to check my local store to see if they carry this. 
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Koko10
on 5/27/12 5:45 am - NC
Thank you so much for this tip. I love ice cream and have been trying to find some that will agree with me and also not be so much sugar. This is great and it has a lot of Whey Protein in it as well. I have to go out of my way to get it from Kroger but I love carb masters yogurt anyway. LOL

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

TammyH968
on 5/27/12 7:46 am - Wichita Falls, TX
We just talked about this ice cream at our support group meeting.  I am going to have to try it now.

cuddles010982
on 5/27/12 9:02 am - Mt
Do you know how much sugar is in it?

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/27/12 9:22 am - Baltimore, MD
Arctic Zero, to me, is ok but really lacking in flavor. The beauty of it tho is that it's so low in calories (something like 32 cals/half cup), carbs and sugar that you can put nearly anything on it and come out ahead.

So I get the chocolate and nuke a tbsp of peanut butter to drizzle on top and put a big ol' dollop of fat-free whipped cream. And all that still comes out to under 150 cals. So there ya go...
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/27/12 10:43 am - OH
I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and I agree with Nik about the lack of flavor, although with some SF fudge sauce (heated, of course) it was pretty good.  (Put enough chocolate sauce on it, though, and even a bowl of brussels sprouts would be good!) I much prefer to take more of a calorie hit (and eat less) of the Breyer's NSA (available in chocolate or vanilla).  It occurs to me, though, that since it takes a lot to make me dump and my daily treat is sometimes a spoonful of full-fat, full-sugar strawberry Haagen Dazs or B&J's Chunky Monkey, I am used to things with much more flavor than the Arctic Zero.  I am also much more satisfied by just a generous spoonful of a high quality ice cream than by a cup of something less creamy and flavorful. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/27/12 9:54 pm - Baltimore, MD
You know I meant to post once that after looking at the Arctic Zero ingredients, really all it is is protein ice cream. Anyone wanting it could go to Eggface's site and make some protein ice cream. That stats on a half cup of her stuff come out nearly identical to Arctic Zero AND it tastes better.

I can't do "regular" regular ice cream but I can do NSA varieties and Edy's makes a good one as well as Breyer's, but I personally am much more partial to NSA fudgesicles.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

seattledeb
on 5/27/12 10:57 am
I thought it was disgusting. I ate one bite and threw it away.
I was sad too because I can't tolerate regular ice cream.
Deb T.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/27/12 12:12 pm - OH
If I had not already had the SF chocolate sauce in the refrigerator, that is what I would have done with it, too.  As I said, though, with enough chocolate sauce... LOL.

I am MUCH more particular about what I eat now (in terms of taste) than I was pre-op.  If it does not taste good (not just "ok"), I do not eat it.  (Hence my aversion to almost all protein bars.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 107 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?