eating too much?

Mom23crazies
on 5/29/12 11:42 am
RNY on 05/08/12 with
after reading a lot of posts from newbies like myself and those a few months out about how they can't get calories in, i am worried i am eating too much.

i drink a protein shake in the morning, have some beans with a little cheese on top for lunch, maybe some tuna for dinner and another shake at night to get me over 70 g protein.

i have been eating about 700-800 calories a day since day 8.

i also am a band revision and i've lost 19 lb so far, exactly three weeks out. so should i dial it back, cut out a protein drink and try something more protein-dense foodwise? i know i should talk to the NUT but would also like to hear from y'all. thanks.
poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 11:48 am - OH
What you're doing sounds just fine to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mom23crazies
on 5/29/12 12:03 pm
RNY on 05/08/12 with
thanks, kelly. i get a little freaked out bc i had the band and did utterly horrible with it and even with this surgery i am scared to fail. but i feel better than i have in probably 10 years already, probably bc i am not downing sugar left and right all day long.

that said: i just tried your sf pudding/greek yogurt cheesecake tip and i think i am in love. totally hit the spot, got me over the protein minimum and generally made today a better day. thanks!

poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 12:07 pm - OH
I can understand that, but RNY is so different than the band.  I don't understand why insurance companies still pay for the band (some don't anymore) or why surgeons still do it (some don't, either) when it has such a high complication rate and such a low success rate.  The fact that the band didn't work for you means you're normal.  Doesn't mean RNY won't work for you.

I'm glad you liked the cheesecake yogurt.  I love it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 208 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics