I feel like I've been hit by a truck!

maggaggie
on 5/29/12 11:59 pm - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
My abdominal pain is manageable, but my arms, legs, everything else are locked up. Anyone else have this?
Surgery 5/29/12...
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/30/12 12:13 am - burlington, VT
 im sorry you feel this way. and im pre op. But i do recall my surgeon saying " you will feel like you were hit by a bus. im not going to sugar coat it for you" lol isnt he sweet?. i hope you feel better soon. :( 
Larry Wassmann
on 5/30/12 12:23 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
That is not how I felt. I did not have any pain and was up walking the afternoon of the op. Never had anything for pain nor did I need anything. I had gal bladder out at same time, and if a surgery could have been any easier, I don't know how. Really a piece of cake. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Kay L.
on 5/30/12 12:44 am - N., AL
Not sure what you mean by everything being "locked up." I assume you're still in the hospital. Have they gotten you up to walk yet? You need to be up as soon as possible but need to tell the nurse about how you feel to make sure there's not some kind of problem. Moving is important.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/30/12 1:24 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
wow that sounds yucky
I ALWAYS have knee and hip pain, replacements in my future, the only time the rest of my body did NOT hurt was for the 2 weeks after surgery, once my belly felt good my knees and hips went back to killing me  I was so disappointed!!!
Are you taking your pain meds like you should?
I was worried about my position on the operating table and my doc assured me that he does not do it the old way i.e. standing between my legs ( I was worried about my hip) and sure enough right before I was put out they strapped my legs together to the table.
Hope you feel better soon

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

hporter27
on 5/30/12 1:34 am

Yeah, I fealt pretty icky for the first day and a half after surgery.  I remember telling the nurse "I felt like I wa**** by a truck" when she asked how I felt.  I was also really nauseated from the pain medication.  But I felt better by the end of the second day.  It looks like you just had surgery yesterday, so you should be feeling better this afternoon.  Try to force yourself to walk around and don't use the pain medication unless you really need it.  You might feel better without it.

maggaggie
on 5/30/12 1:41 am - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
I'm taking pain meds every four hours. The doctor has ordered a chest xray because I'm having trouble breathing. And also running labs to check for muscle breakdown. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this is unreal.
Surgery 5/29/12...
jewel-twin
on 5/30/12 1:46 am - Canada
are you getting enough water??? often if you get dehydrated it can effect your muscles and everything will ache?

Juls
Tiffani A.
on 5/30/12 2:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
 I felt that way too. I even told people it felt like a snow plow with studded tires ran over me. Like pain everywhere with sharp points of pain in my abdomen.
I began to feel better once I was off that stupid pain pump and walking around. The nurse helped me figure out that the meds from the pain pump (morphine?) were making me throw up, which is abnormal I think.
Good luck! It will get better.
wendydettmer
on 5/30/12 2:54 am - Rochester, NY
i felt like i wa**** by a bus, every day it felt like a smaller bus. lol

i have a very high pain tolerance but had a small complication with my gall bladder removal so it was really brutal

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?