Hey Teachers! Summer break....UGH!

Lisa R.
on 5/30/12 1:59 am - CA
 So last summer I was only a month out, so I was in the big losing stage, and all the benifits of surgery.

This summer, more then a year out, I am at my goal, not trying to lose, but need to maintaine.  Sitting home makes me bored and I just want to eat, so I try to stay busy.  I hike almost everyday.  I hate the gym so I do that instead.  I am planning my meals and trying to stay strong.  Lots of BBQ's and eating out, but I am a pro at this stuff now.  

It is such a big difference going from a life time of thinking "I need to lose weight" to "I need to maintaine my weight"  What a challenge!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 2:22 am, edited 5/30/12 3:56 am
Lisa, consider a pass to Raging Waters.  There is a lot of hiking from slide to slide, it helps motivate me to stay in shape,  and the sun has a way of curbing my appetite.  My wife and I even go without our children sometimes so we can cover more ground and do the slides that frighten them. 

Enjoy your break!  My wife teaches for GUSD and they are starting the school year on Aug 14th,  :
paranoidmother21
on 5/30/12 2:31 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I know what you mean! I'll be ice skating several times a week just to keep me from mindless munching! Who knows - by the end of summer, I may actually be able to keep up with the kids!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 289 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics