Stalls Anyone? :)

Sunshine1965
on 6/1/12 4:12 am
I am 1 yr out and have hit a stall.  Still drinking my water, vitamins, exercsing and getting my protein i on a daily basis.  Any suggestions on how to jumpstart weight loss again?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/1/12 4:17 am - OH
It is VERY common to hit a "stall" or to experience a significant slowing of weight loss at about a year out.  It is a combination of your body weighing less (and therefore your daily caloric deficit is much less than when you started) and your body being more than halfway to having accommodated the caloric malabsorption.

Sometimes you cannot force a stall to break and just have to wait it out, but the best way to get things moving again when you are more than a year out is to increase or change up the type of physical activity you are getting and to be sure that you have not let too many carbs creep back into to your diet (something that s VERY easy to do).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sunshine1965
on 6/1/12 4:26 am
I wished you could just push a button and the stall would just go away :)  Thanks for the input!

Libby0218
on 6/1/12 7:00 am - TX
I agree with the "push a button"

I'm 8 months post op and have just come off a 7-week stabilization period! HA HA

I increasaed my protein and dropped my calories this week and that seems to have done the trick this time, this is my first time though and I've still got about 50 pounds to go.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 460 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 376 views
Recent Topics