Is dieting after RNY easier than prior to the surgery?

Angie H.
on 6/4/12 4:38 am - Brooklet, GA
I am "geeting back to the basics" so I surely hope so. It was very hard for me to lose weight before surgery because I had dieted so many times and lost and gained and lost and gained. I am praying that my body will do what it is supposed to do, while I do what I am supposed to do!
Monica M.
on 6/4/12 4:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
not sure what you're asking.

are you asking if its easier for your body to let go of the weight?

Angie H.
on 6/4/12 4:43 am - Brooklet, GA

To answer your question, I guess Yes. I want to know if my body will let go of the weight easier than it did before I had surgery. My system was a mess before I had surgery and no matter how hard I tried I could not lose the weight.

I have regained some of the weight that I lost after surgery and I want to lose it, as well as some more.

Monica M.
on 6/4/12 4:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I think that it might be SOMEWHAT easier, because of your tool, and the knowledge that you've gained during this process.

You may think you tried hard before, but you may have been sabotaging yourself without knowing it.

go back to basics. Measure, weigh, track. exercise.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/4/12 6:33 am - Baltimore, MD
 Just my opinion but no.

I hear a lot of people say it seems HARDER. Scientifically that makes sense. After your magic window you've put your body through the ringer and it no longer trusts you. Your metabolism is likely lower than it was before (half because of the weight loss and half because you are simply smaller and smaller people need less calories to survive).

But that doesn't mean it isn't a worthy endeavor to re-lose the weight. Most things worth doing are not easy.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

ChellbyB
on 6/4/12 7:44 am - CA
RNY on 03/21/12
True story.
 Chellby

"That which doesn't kill me had better be able to RUN pretty darn fast!"

Kim S.
on 6/4/12 4:51 am - Helena, AL
If by getting back to basics you mean eating the way you are supposed to, tracking your food, following the rules of your surgery AND moving your body, then yes, it is easier, because #1 you are smaller now so moving is easier and #2 you have a tool that should keep you from being ravenously hungry.

I do not advocate fad or really any "diet".  This is a lifestyle and we have to do it..........for life.  And yes, we all find a few of those pounds we lost, but for me, just tweaking what I'm doing and upping the cardio knocks it right back off.

It really is simple.  Follow the rules, eat less and move more.  (I said simple, not easy) (just posted this on another similar post).

We are here for you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/4/12 5:54 am
The only "easier" part is that I can get full, really full after eating 4-6 oz of dense proteins.  Add some veggie and I am really "stuffed" . But I do have to repeat that 5-6 times during the day.  

Balance is the key... For me - balance mean low carb,,, very low sugar.. i.e. I may gain weight while on WW diet.. too many fruits..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BWB
on 6/4/12 6:49 am
 You had the surgery two years ago...right?  How did you do then?  How much do you want to lose?  Your change has to be internalized within your mind and if you don't change the way you feel about nutrition then you may not lose it.  Weight loss is relative to the amount of calories you eat and the amount of exercise you put out.   Everybody's approach is an individual matter.  This probably isn't going to help you but I hope you do succeed in reaching your goal.

MaleNurse78
on 6/4/12 10:20 am - Bossier City , LA
 Well I can tell you that the new diet after surgery is so much easier than all of the former diets I have been on in the past. But you are not hungry like you were pre-op. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 304 views