pureed soft food

dan434
on 6/4/12 6:21 am - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
when did you start to measure you food and how many oz did you eat at a time thanks dan i can eat 6 ozyougurt or 5 oz of tuna don,t want to do nothing wrong don,t get a full sensestion yet and  just want to new what you think

BWB
on 6/4/12 6:30 am, edited 6/4/12 6:31 am
 I was eating 2 to 4 oz of pureed food.  It was mostly dairy SF pudding, SF jello, cream sou[s pureed with poached chicken or fish.  No starchy foods like potatoes and I don;t like beans but peanut butter was allowed ( 2 Tablespoon) off the spoon...no bread or crackers.  6 oz of anything would have been too much.

I measured by volume, not weight.

Bebhihn
on 6/4/12 6:38 am - IA
I get 3 oz. and I've been weighing since I was allowed it.  My surgeon gave me what I lovingly call my user manual and it's pretty detailed on measuring things out. 
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

Price S.
on 6/4/12 8:21 am, edited 6/3/12 8:22 pm - Mills River, NC
Did you get a plan from your Dr? What does it say? At your phase, I was eating 6-8x a day, 2oz (1/4c) per meal and protein shakes. Every Dr is different but you should be following your plan. 5-6oz is more than I was eating at that point. Until a year, we weren't eating but 1/2c or 4 oz at a meal. Measure now and always. Our group believes in measuring not weighing because they say your stomach has a volume, not a scale.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

CindyKae64
on 6/4/12 8:26 am
RNY on 05/22/12
My plan states that during my Full Liquid stage and during my puree stage I should have 2 oz at a time, then when I go to soft food I can bump it up to 4 oz at a time. I also think that 4 oz is what they want me to stick to from the soft stage on up, but I need to clarify this when I go to the Dr. on Friday for my two week check up.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Larry Wassmann
on 6/4/12 8:46 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I was on the Puree stage when I got home. Had to be on it for 4 weeks. Today is the last day...Yah. I always measure what I eat and LOG it. I can have 4oz of food at each of 3 meals. I have not found anything that makes me sick. I have mostly egg beaters in the morning. Protein shakes at mid day or refreid beans. I puree the main part of different low cal TV type dinners..ie Healty Choice for dinner. Works for me and my NUT is happy. Now on to soft food for me. Yah Yah...

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

debbie0321
on 6/4/12 9:53 am - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 08/06/12
I think the rule is to weigh your meat and use measuring cups for everything else.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics