Solving sleep issues

Dave Chambers
on 6/4/12 4:07 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I've been a very light sleeper since my RNY. Even though I still take script sleep meds, I've also tried melatonin or tryptophan at the same time with mixed results. Works ok sometimes and almost no effect at others.  One item I tried about 3 weeks ago seems to work very well. I went to a home show in Riverside, CA. to see a booth of My Pillow.  This pillow company has had ads on TV and looked interesting.  I bought 4 of them for our home.  Everyone loves them.  But the best part is that my wife and I both sleep much better, and we're both RNY patients with sleep issues. These pillows hold their shape, are easily fluffed up, have a money back guarantee for 60 days, and are guaranteed to hold up for 10 years.  Although not cheap--I paid $220 for 4 of them--they are a worth-while investment, especially if you have trouble sleeping.  They are very comfortable, come in 3 firmness levels, and either standard or king sized.  Best price is found at booths at home shows, although you still get a discount online.  Their web site list where they will have pillows available for sale. Not sold in stores.  Although I sleep on a king sized bed, the standard sized pillows seemed to fit OK. King sized are $10 more  per pillow. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Cherokeesage
on 6/4/12 4:50 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I'm going to take a look at the website as it is about time for new pillows. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Ladytazz
on 6/4/12 5:15 pm
They sound nice but I am in no position to spend that much on a pillow :(  I have been having neck and head pain for a while and I found a buckwheat pillow at Goodwill for about $8 and I notice I have less pain in the morning with it.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

shellbell75
on 6/4/12 11:51 pm
I was watching the infomercial @ 1am the other night when I was staying in a hotel. I have had sleep issues my whole adult life and no amount of medication has helped. I was very interested in this pillow! Thanks Dave for the review. I am seriously thinking of getting myself a few.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Dave Chambers
on 6/4/12 11:55 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I just woke up from 7 hours of rest. I used to usually only get about 5 hours or a little less sleep most night. So they are definitely worth the money.  Funny thing is, wife just bought new pillows about 7-10 days prior to getting these.  We put these now "new, old pillows" in the motorhome and use the My Pillow nightly.  Normal price on the standard My Pillow is $65 each for standard size, and king size is $75.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/12 12:37 am
Thanks Dave. I was looking at those and was wondering if they are realy worth the money.
I do need new pillows...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 6 views
Recent Topics