nervous

crw4bama
on 6/10/12 12:03 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Well I have my surgery on weds, starting to feel nervous. My surgeon told me I would be in hosp fo 3 nights I am neervouse to be away from my family this long as well as having the surgery. R there any last miniute words of encouragement?
Christy

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/12 12:08 am - WA
Most everyone gets nervous and a little freaked just before surgery.. I remember that when I got into the pre op room, got my gown on, got my IV in, talked to my family about where will they be, meet you in the room stuff like that and that is all I remembered. So does that help knowing you will not remember being scared after you reach the pre op room. And they were quick too, I don't remember waiting but maybe 10 minutes
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 6/10/12 12:10 am
RNY on 01/10/12
Can your family come visit you?  Or does your hospital have WiFi so that you could skype? 

I was in the hospital 2 nights, and my husband was there most of the time.  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Lisssy
on 6/10/12 12:14 am
 Oh wish u the best of luck .. I was the same way the day I got mines u will be fine .. Just remember walk .. Walk and sip .. Sip when ur allowed too .. Good lucking keep us posted 

brenlee1965
on 6/10/12 12:23 am - New Berlin, NY
I know I will feel nervous when this day gets here too. Is someone going to be there for you at the hospital? A friend, parent, loved one....they can check up on your family for you. Remember this journey is for YOU and will ultimately help you be there for your loved ones (for a longer period of time). I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers. Good Luck.
 Bren                
JennLyric
on 6/10/12 12:48 am
Hi Christy:  For what it's worth, I'm a nervous wreck too.  My surgery is on 6/29 and I've never been this scared (even when I got the Lapband!...which is being revised).  BUT, it's normal and we will be fine.  I keep telling myself that nerves are just that...nerves.  We can walk through the fear and do this to save our lives.  So, we're in this together and I wish you all the best.  I hope that you'll check in when you can to let us know how it went.  I know you'll do well.

Jennifer
MissLisaD
on 6/10/12 1:17 am - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 I hear you sister! I'm 10 days post op and I wasn't really nervous until the week of! I walked to the op room and laid on the table and it became REAL! But you know what? When I woke up with that little button in my hand I was glad I was there and I had to stay in the hospital an extra night because I had a fever and low BP and a migraine. I knew I had to be in the hospital to be taken care of and as I laid there I realized.....I'm glad I have this peaceful time away from everything to recover until I'm ready to go home. Trust me, you'll be glad you're in the hospital and getting the peace and quiet you need, and you will be ready to go home when they say you can go! It'll be a blur, trust me!!!! I didn't do anything in the hospital but sleep. Every time I tried to read I fell asleep, every time I tried to write a text message I fell asleep, every time I tried to watch a movie I fell asleep. I promise you'll be fine! Wishing you lots of luck! 

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

crw4bama
on 6/10/12 11:46 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Thanks guys for all of the encouragung words it helps so much. My husband and my 3 boys will be there with me. I am just wondering why I will have to stay 3 nights? I start the preop clear liquids in the am.
I will keep everyone as updated as I can.
Christy

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views