My surgeon is leaving the program and other stuf

Kelly L.
on 6/11/12 5:06 am - San Jacinto, CA
 So.. I have to have my gallbladder out June 22. I'm glad that it will be soon. I had my referral changed so I could go back to see my bariatric surgeon.. While I'm sitting in the room waiting for him to walk in, I get a call from his secretary telling me he CAN'T see me and I need to reschedule the appointment.. I didn't even get to listen to the message and he walks in ! Only to tell me that politics have played a roll in him leaving my program. He can't do my surgery and isn't even seeing patients. I am so sad. Not to mention, where does that leave me? Will the new guy ( a youngster that JUST finished his fellowship) follow me now? Damn.. That's all I have to say.. Any of you RNY'ers that have had to have the gallbladder out.. Did it work as a lap procedure or did they have to CUT you? They warned me I might end up cut.. I'm hoping NOT!

HW 274. CW 129

poet_kelly
on 6/11/12 5:23 am - OH
I had my gallbladder removed lap and they cut you to do that.  I had three or four small incisions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherry T.
on 6/11/12 5:27 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Same for me, though I had my gallbladder out before my GBS.  It was done lap and brought out through my belly button.  3-4 small incisions.  let me tell you though, you will feel amazingly better.  I never knew that's what was making me feel so bad.   Hang in there! It's all worth it!  Sherry
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/11/12 5:48 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 My laparoscopic gall bladder incisions are exactly like my laparoscopic RNY incisions, only in different spots. An open gall bladder surgery isn't done much anymore, but the surgeon will have to decide when s/he gets there.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/11/12 6:31 am
four small incisions--that's it.

Sorry to hear about your surgeon. The lack of communication is disappointing.
Kelly L.
on 6/11/12 6:35 am - San Jacinto, CA
They warned me that they might have to cut instead of lap... Kinda bummed about that. But nothing is certain until they get in there so I will worry about it after I wake up lol!
rbb825
on 6/11/12 6:07 pm - Suffern, NY
may, I ask, why would they have to cut you for a gallbladder?  They havent done it that way for years? Unless you have had alot of other open surgeries causing severe scar tissue making it impossible to get the trocars in.

Also, why go back to your RNY surgeon for a gallbladder?  Why not go to a general surgeon that dose gallbladders all day long?  Bariatric surgeons dont specialize in gallbladders, yes some of them do them at the same time but not as a separate surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 361 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?