not hungry

shafonna36
on 6/20/12 2:48 pm
RNY on 05/09/12
Today I was not hungry at all. I took a bits of food and just could not stomach anymore. Has this happened to anyone....I wonder if I'm tired of eating the same things. I am almost 2 months out will be on 7/7/12; any suggestions
justmycatandme
on 6/20/12 2:50 pm
RNY on 06/11/12
I'm only 2 weeks post-op almost and am like that...  I don't have any suggestions....  Sorry, I hope it gets better.
grneyedlady_71
on 6/20/12 5:46 pm - Saint Joseph , MO
 Shafonna, Sorry I can't help much either I had surgery on the 11th also wade and am so sick of jello and soup that I actually will never eat it again!  Best advice I can give is to keep getting in all your water and protein and to maybe try some different seasonings , seems to help me a little when I'm bored with what I'm eating and craving something else (never would have thought it would be salad but right now I would die for one lol )

shafonna36
on 6/20/12 8:15 pm
RNY on 05/09/12
Me too....lol
JJ_
on 6/20/12 8:23 pm
Please keep up your fluids.  Your body can tolerate not eating for a period of time, but dehydration is deadly. 

Look at your lists of foods allowed and see if you  are inspired to eat something new.  At 2 months I was on the diet for life portion and could eat a variety of things.  It was fun trying new stuff and seeing how my body reacted.

Judy
doshaffer
on 6/20/12 10:57 pm
RNY on 05/14/12
I am the same way ...I had surgery 5/14/12 and have NO desire for food.  when I do I eat I have a terrible full sensation!
Larry Wassmann
on 6/21/12 12:07 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I had surgery the same day as you and I am eating soft foods, but nothing is causing me problems. I have several WLS cook books and have tried several things. Greek meatballs, Salisbury Steak with sauteed vegetables, (both made with lean ground beef), Salmon, Chicken, Tuna, Shrimp, and more. You should be able to find something good to eat if you look. Some web sites have good recipes. I like the book Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies. It has recipes for all stages and it was approved by my NUT. I hope this helps a little. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/21/12 1:22 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 I completely know how you feel. Although my stomach will actually growl for the most part I have NO desire to really eat food.  I was never a cook before so I really hate cooking now because i eat like 4 bites and i'm full.  Mornings are the worst to eat breakfast I just make myself eat my yogurt or oatmeal or Cottage cheese.  Not all days are like that but several.  Just need to keep plugging along I think things will change as time goes on. :)

aesposito
on 6/21/12 1:26 am
The thing that inspired me to eat was the scale.  When I didn't eat, my metabolism and weight-loss slowed down. When I did eat, my metabolism was happier and weight-loss sped up.  Even now I am not hungry most of the time... but I make myself eat because when I weigh in (every Monday) the scale shows the effort I made.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404