1mo. post op. How much weight have you lost?

agreen0205
on 6/21/12 10:59 pm - WI
Ok.  So...I will be 1 month out as of the 24th.  So far I've only lost 19lbs and that was all within the 1st week.  I've bee working out daily and eating right but I can't understand why the weight is sticking?? Maybe its just me?  I'm trying to figure out where I'm going wrong?  Where are you with your weight loss?  How much had you lost during your first month?
Sherry T.
on 6/21/12 11:04 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
You're doing better than me...I've only lost 14 pounds and I'm heavier than you.  Today marks my 1 month, having surgery on 5/22.  I don't think anything has gone wrong, though when I stepped on the scale this morning I was really sad.  I keep reiterating to myself to keep doing what I'm doing and it will follow.   Good Luck!!   Sherry
agreen0205
on 6/21/12 11:11 pm - WI
Well, at least we're in the same ball park of weight lost.  I mean, I am grateful for the weight that I have lost but I guess I keep comparing myself to others but I just want to get a feel for about where I should be.  I know that everyone is different and that this is a long process.  I would just be devistated if I failed at this. 
nunu2012
on 6/21/12 11:22 pm
I can relate to how you feel. I'm only six weeks out...lost 20 lbs in the first two weeks, then NOTHING for two weeks, then 10 lbs in a week, NOTHING for the last week. It's very frustrating when others seem to be melting before my eyes. Hang in there.
Char143
on 6/22/12 7:13 am - CT
 I am 7 weeks out and have only lost 25 pounds...I have been stuck for 2 weeks now. We just have to hold in there and everything will turn out ok...as far as others melting away, we are all different and we need to remember that
Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/21/12 11:38 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 My surgery was on the 21st and as of this last week I was only down 18lbs.  So, seems we are all about the same give or take a few lbs.  I think our bodies are still adjusting to the surgery so that might be part of it.  I lost the first 13 lbs super fast but the last 5 were much slower. 

Don't stress we will all get there......

Javo79
on 6/22/12 12:04 am - MI
I'm giong on just over five weeks out. I've lost 50lbs this far. Everyone is different and everyone loses faster and slower. I know it's coming to where my weight loss will slow down and that'll be ok. Keep your eye on the goal, keep with your plan, it'll come off. As long as your following what your Dr. says and keeping up on protiens it will come off. Keeping fluids going is very important.

MelW1986
on 6/22/12 12:10 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/12
I had my surgery May 7. 1 month out from that I had lost 44 lbs. Half of that time I spent sick though because of a stricture. I am doing better now but I hit a stall in weight loss. I know they happen and I am trying not to get frustraited. Good luck to all of you ladies

1Haute Diva
on 6/22/12 12:24 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I'm 3 months out now, in my first month I lost 23 lbs. I did a little walking then but nothing much.  We all lose differently.  I know it's hard not to compare ourselves to others but if we do it may tend to discourage us.  As long as you're following your surgeon's plan you are doing nothing wrong.  The weight will come off.
- Shaw

roseofsharonkb
on 6/22/12 12:26 am - VA
RNY on 05/23/12 with
I think this is a reoccurring post, because I posted something very similar yesterday. I've decided to stay off the scale for a while and start measuring my body to see how many inches are being lost. I had a NSV of a sort today after lamenting that nothing seemed to be happening, I put on my favorite jeans and I can pull them on and off without undoing them! Just hang in there!

"My opinions are my own, and don't necessarily reflect a sound mind or good judgment!" 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics