Being Skinny hasnt fixed my life.

Emily P.
on 6/21/12 10:13 am - Southgate, MI

The subject says it all.  I always thought that when I was skinny, my life would be so perfect.  It's not.  It's not all fabulous and awesome and amazing.  I feel more alone now than I did when I was 320lbs. 

I feel like nothing is better, everything sucks and I hate myself.

Anyone else have the blues these days?  Wanna join my pity party? 

It's not all glitter and rainbows.  

soozieq
on 6/21/12 10:17 am
I don't know you, but I want to give you a hug.
What did you hope would make you happy when you lost the weight?  Do you want to talk about it?
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Sheri W.
on 6/21/12 10:22 am - Kansas City, MO
Thanks for the invite, but I have other plans and can't attend.
; )
Someone told me this a long time ago and I've remembered it since: For every hill there is a valley, for every high there is a low - AND vice versa. When you're feeling down, remember that "this too shall pass" and the high will return.
(((hugs)))
Emily P.
on 6/21/12 10:27 am - Southgate, MI
Every since I was a child, skinny people always looked happiest. 
I don't know what I expected, or what I wanted.  I am not really sure who I am right now.  I don't recognize myself in the mirror.  My brain and my body don't match. 

I feel sorta lost and like I dont fit in, and I'm just well... havin a lil identity crisis. 

Emily P.
on 6/21/12 10:32 am - Southgate, MI
Ya know, I am happy.  Don't get me wrong.  I have a super fun job, that I love.  My husband is hands down the coolest guy ever.  We just got a motorcycle and I love it.  My kids on the honor roll, and visiting her grandparents in Arizona for another 3 weeks!  I was told the other day that I'm intimidatingly hot.... I mean, cmon... WTF is wrong with me?  I just need to roll with the punches and listen to Shari- and CHILL. 

I'm gonna go find my big girl panties.  LOL

soozieq
on 6/21/12 11:05 am
Do you think positively about yourself? Think about all the things you're good at.  Start giving yourself little positive pep talks.

It sounds like you've got a great family - husband and kids and honey, you are beautiful.  Now go get those little girl panties (cause you are itty bitty now! lol).
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/22/12 1:46 am
Sounds like depression... Maybe due to vitamins- minerals deficiencies?

I felt like that when my numbers dropped ... most of them were "OK" normal - but very low normal.
ON a surface - it looked like i was going crazy - but a smart person here on OH (Andrea U) review my labs and showed me where my proteins, my B12, D, ferritin were low normal. Just barely normal.
I had low Blood pressure.. Once I stared getting more supplements and introduced B12 shots (that I do like them weekly ) and Eventually got iron infusions - my feelings changed.
The depression - at least some of that was due to borderline vitamin - mineral deficiencies.

Also during that time - since I "was a perfect patient"my cholesterol dropped form my normal total 200 to barely 110... And even though some doc tell you that  low cholesterol is great - too low may cause low energy, lethargy, and depression...

I like when my B12 is >800 I feel my best with my B12 1000-1500 (some doc will cringe calling it too high), my cholesterol I try to keep close to 150 (I work hard to raise
Making sure my proteins are 7+, ferritin 50+, D>50 (ideally would like 80 but >50 really helps) and so on.

If you have not have a full blood work done - now may be the time.  And get a copy of results and look at them yourself.  Ask for a full panel blood work. Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emily P.
on 6/25/12 10:09 pm - Southgate, MI
Just had blood work done in Spring.  They claim it was fine, but I should and will ask for a copy.  I did have a b12 shot then, and should prolly call for another.  I did feel amazing after that shot. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/26/12 3:40 am

IT may be good idea to look at the numbers. My docs were telling me my numbers were OK while I felt like walls are coming on top of me. And the truth is - they were OK... marginally OK.
I do give myself a B12 shot every week. once a month or every 2 weeks just did not cut it. i do fell when my B12 drops below 900 or 800. i feel normal 1000-1500. Even as high as up to 2000 may not be to high.
also - they may not checked all the numbers,,, (all that can be wrong)  - many times they do not check D - and low D-s may cause low energy, and feeling blah... But too high D - may  be toxic - so really you do not want to supplement very aggressively if you are not low.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DisneyLover
on 6/21/12 10:44 am - WI
when I had my pre surgery pysch evaluation this was one of the questions I was asked.  what do you think having this surgery is going to do for you?  I answered and he said that a lot of people think that being skinny is going to make them happy.  What those people do not realize is being skinny doesn't change the issues/problems you had when you were fat, it just makes you look better.

Seek help.

Sarah

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?