20 MONTHS OUT... NOT LOSING ANYMORE...

deenewme
on 6/23/12 4:23 am

I am out 20 months. I have been at the same weight for the last 6 months...
I know some of it is the way I eat and lack of exercise. However, it didn't help when I hurt my leg 3 month ago.
I am in physical Therapy ( tore my ACL and PCL). I occasionaly take tylenol for the pain but I am excitd because I can finally ride  a stationary bike. Since riding the stationary bike @ therapy, I decided to buy a one for home. Hoping to increase exercise.

But now I have a slight pain just below the sternum, that feels like heart burn? I thought it was possibly a reaction to drinking coffee, or acidic foods. But now, there is a slight blood (red not dark) in my stool.

Any suggestions?? Feeling a little down and need to pull myself up!

poet_kelly
on 6/23/12 4:35 am - OH
You need to call your doc if you have blood in your stool.  Could be an ulcer, could be hemroids, could be something else.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 6/23/12 4:56 am
I agree with Kelly, only your medical practitioner can discover the cause of blood in your stool. If it's painful to have a bowel movement then it's probably only hemohrroids, but it coudl be something else. You mentioned tylenol for pain. Are you sure you're not getting in some NSAIDS in some other way. It's amazing the number of ways that NSAIDS crop up.

Just as an FYI, I had long (6 month or more) stalls, but did finally make it to goal and below at about 29 months. Each person's body has a weight that the body feels most comfortable at, and it will fight to remain at that weight. Also remember that the weight itself isn't nearly as important as health and size. Most people who wear a size 4 wear that size but that doesn't mean that they all weigh teh same amount. I am always astounded at peopl who weigh more than me at the same height but they are wearing two or four sizes smaller. The way the weight is distributed is a huge differential and so the number on the scale isn't nearly as important as "ARE you the size you WANT to be (and is it realistic)" If you get the size you want, who cares what hte scale says.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Lori320
on 6/23/12 7:39 am
Call Dr. Higa's office about your concerns...Dr. Boone was my surgeon and I have also seen Dr. Higa on occasion. Regarding your stall, have you attended any of the support groups at Fresno Heart? They are a wealth of info....
deenewme
on 6/23/12 6:14 pm
 Thanks for your support. I need a big push... But I am sure the support group would help, I live in coarsegold and I have made excuses,but I think I need to step up my part.
deenewme
on 6/23/12 6:12 pm
Thank you all for the quick replies. I need to get back on track and I am sure making a call to my doctor is needed. As independent as I think I am my stubbornness keeps me from being honest with myself. I need to join the support groups regardless of my tendancy to drag my feet. I know it is not good but I haven't even seen the doctor since aug. soooooo no more complaining, I need to accept responsibilty and get my checkup!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics