Try work and the gym again - Checking in

Chihuahuan
on 6/24/12 12:11 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
 Hi everyone!   This whole last nearly 6 weeks has definitely been a ride!  Surgery was relatively routine other than the bleed that kept me in the hospital an extra day or so.  Thankfully it was nothing really and has resolved.  My 14 year old Chihuahua passed while I was in the hospital which really sucked since she was alone at the time.  She had congestive heart failure and it was not a huge surprise but I felt bad not being here with her.   I was well enough to go to NYC for the trip I had planned 6 months ago and other than some irregular eating times, did relatively well.   I had gone back to work and the gym  3 weeks after surgery and was just getting into my groove when my father passed away last week.  He had been senile for some time and was in the State Veterans Home but just got sick early Thursday morning and up and passed that afternoon.   So, off to South Dakota I went.   1200 miles and 18 hour drive straight through.   It is a bit difficult to manage mini-meals every 1.5 hours when driving too, but I took some protein shakes and did stop for a grilled chicken sandwich which I ate part of the chicken and a little piece of the bun and chucked the rest.   Midwest funeral food was not the easiest stuff to navigate but I survived that and was able to stay on track for the most part.    Now back to work and back to the routine tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last disruption for a while.    I only had one problem meal there and that was my fault I think.  I had a piece of sauteed mushroom and think I didn't chew it well enough and I think it clogged my stoma. I finally did have to purge a bit and it resolved.  Other than that, I worked hard to stay on track and away from crazy funeral food.    Have a great week everyone!!

Ladytazz
on 6/24/12 12:17 pm
So sorry you've had a rough start.  My 12 year old Chihuahua passed away last month due to congestive heart failure, too.  He was alone, too, since I had left the house for a little bit that day and I felt terribly guilty but I am glad he is in peace now.  Same with your father.
I hope things start going better for you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/12 12:33 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
So sorry to read about the loss of your father and your pet.
dawney
on 6/24/12 3:23 pm
So sorry for your multiple losses.  Shortly after my mother passed I had to take my fathers cat to the vet (chronic diabetes and failing kidneys) it was the hardest thing I had to do. 
Dawn A Boesch    
dianabelle12
on 6/25/12 4:51 am
so sorry for your loss!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?