Good Reads?

aquapolyester
on 6/24/12 1:07 pm
RNY on 07/17/12
 Does anyone recommend any good WLS books to read?  I am looking for any good books that I could pick up to read about coping/living/learning after surgery.  

Ideas?  
HW = 400  SW = 352  CW = 330

brandymc24
on 6/24/12 1:10 pm - CA
RNY on 06/07/12
 Good question. I was also looking for good recipe books.

paranoidmother21
on 6/24/12 1:24 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Not so much WLS books, but two books that have helped me immensely in understanding what to eat for health, and dealing with the head issues were "The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite" by David Kessler, and "The Thin Commandments" by Stephen Gullo.

For recipes, I've found that Cleopatra_Nik's Bariatric Foodie site and The World According to Eggface have fabulous recipes that really work for us. Another good site is Eating Well, Living Thin on the Wordpress blog site. All of these are WLS patients who love to cook and understand what works for us from living it.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/12 3:25 pm - CA
RNY on 03/22/12
 Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies and the companion cookbook are excellent sources for what you've described,..."coping, living, learning after surgery" I can't recommend them enough and they are very inexpensive if that is of any concern.
DebsGiz
on 6/24/12 8:43 pm - FL

I love the Hunger Games trilogy.  I also just finished a good read called "Sophie," which is a story about a dog who fell overboard off the coast of Australia and her journey back to her family.  It's based on a true story.

Have fun with the reading!! 
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views