Does any1 have any yummy recipies for the puree/soft stage?

BetterFutureAhead
on 7/5/12 12:01 pm - DE
I think that when I do get my surgery that the full liquid, puree and soft are going to be the hardest stages I'm going to have trouble with!! Does anyone have any recipies for those stages or know where I can get recipies for those stages!! I'm just trying to research what kind of foods I'm going to be eating for these stages!! And what are the best/cheapest chewable vitamins and protien powder that I should get? I don't have a lot of money but I'm not broke either just on a budget!! Thanks in advance!!

Jessica
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the differance!!    
lksrph
on 7/5/12 12:11 pm - NY
RNY on 07/09/12
 bariatricfoodie.com is an awesome site for all stages. I've been reading up. My surgery is this Monday.  Good luck to you :)
HW  327     SW  290   CW 240  GW  150             ~Luanne~

BetterFutureAhead
on 7/5/12 12:25 pm - DE
Thank you and good luck to u also!! I hope that your surgery is smooth and your recovery is a speedy one!!
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the differance!!    
MrsLitch
on 7/5/12 12:40 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
My doc's diet was meat cheese and eggs only during the pureed stage so I just took 2 oz of meat threw it in my ninja with a bit of broth to moisten it and ate away! Getting down 1 to 1 1/2 oz depending on the meat. Chicken filled me up the fastest. 

I had chicken, steak, pork (that was horrible couldn't eat it), I had ham and cheese blended together and wamed up to make the cheese melty.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

funkyphillygirl
on 7/5/12 12:41 pm
You will eat so little, and what you eat will taste so good, that you probably won't need recipes.  Scrambled eggs were amazing for soft foods....and cream soups tasted great as well.  I am not big on tuna, but tuna and chicken salad were also delicious. 

I'd say keep it simple - the weeks will breeze by!  Good luck!
BetterFutureAhead
on 7/5/12 12:55 pm - DE
I love eggs!! And I think mixing up the protien shakes is going to be the hard part I get bored easily when it comes to food but if its something I haven't had in a week or two I can eat it for a week straight!! And not be board with it!! I've never had a protien shake before and I'm kinda looking forward to having one!! I probably won't be saying that 4 months post op though!!
funkyphillygirl
on 7/6/12 12:12 am
Scrambled eggs with some cheese - one egg will feel like so much to eat when you get to that part!  Sometimes the biggest challege is that food gets cold by the time you can eat it all.

I started drinking Carnation Breakfast Essentials (Sugar Free) with a cup of skim milk during the liquid phase.  I have liked it so much that I have it for breakfast every morning still 9 months later.  I shake it up with some ice cubes in a blender bottle I got at GMC.  It really works well as a protein source and is filling.  I highly recommend it.  (I was never big on protein powder...I bought a big bag of whey protein and still have it...)

Liquid protein shots are also good for getting in protein in a concentrated form.  Most of them are 35-45 grams of protein in about a 3 ounce portion.  They don't always taste great - and the texture is fairly thick because of the whey protein - but they work.  Keep them cold and they are definitely tolerable.

I was big on the chicken and tuna salad also - mixed up with a little light mayo - that tasted so, so good early on!

You GOT this!!
jamiemariep
on 7/5/12 1:11 pm
My favorite meal during the soft food phase was layering ricotta, pasta sauce and shredded cheese and then baking until melted. So yummy, sometimes I still eat this for dinner and I'm 7 months out!

As far as protein powder, everyone's tastes are different. I was using Any Whey unflavored with Big Train chocolate mocha. I recently got Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie and it is AMAZING. Get some sample packs of different flavors, tastes change! For vitamins, I'll totally get flamed for this but my surgeon says to do Flintstones and so that's what I do. My parents are over 4 years out and have followed our surgeons recommendations and have not had any problems with labs. So far I haven't had any major issues with labs other than being borderline low with iron but I fixed it by just adding an iron supplement in daily.

Tiara Classic 5k 5/13/12: 37:19
Marion Village 5k 6/23/12 32:55
Rochester Road Race 5k 8/11 29:58
Acushnet Road Race 4 mile 9/3 41:07
Spooky Spooner 5k 10/28 PR 28:05

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/12 11:46 pm - NY
RNY on 07/17/12
I am having my surgery on July 17.  Another blog to check is theworldaccordingtoeggface.  She has many recipes for all stages.  Good luck.
BetterFutureAhead
on 7/6/12 1:14 am - DE
Thank you every1 for the suggestions!! I appreciate it!! I'll check out the blogs!! thanks again!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics