"take on an empty stomach" meds question

tinamarie_125
on 7/5/12 9:21 pm
 I have several meds to take to help with the healing of my ulcer and stricture. They say to take on an empty stomach, but I am basically on an all liquid diet (because food just comes right back up). So my question is...if I drink a protien shake or just drink water or milk...is this an empty stomach?
Dave Chambers
on 7/5/12 10:48 pm - Mira Loma, CA
If these are meds to help heal ulcer or stricture, I'd be sure to follow the directions.  Just drink with water and take your "liquid diet" in 30 minutes or so.  Directions on meds are usually there for a reason. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/12 10:56 pm - OH
Ditto what Dave said.  Take those meds with clear liquid of some kind because the milk/whey may interfere with the desired action of the medication.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tinamarie_125
on 7/6/12 3:19 am
 Ok thanks. I just wasn't sure if liquids (protien shakes) were the same as food. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics