Medi-Alert?

aquapolyester
on 7/7/12 1:07 am
RNY on 07/17/12
 My surgeon's office recommended that I get a medi-alert bracelet or necklace after my bypass.  

Does anyone else have one?  If so... where did you find one that didn't look so stale, and what do you have on it?  Just "gastric bypass"? Or did you add other information? 
Thanks!
HW = 400  SW = 352  CW = 330

Sherry T.
on 7/7/12 1:30 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
http://www.laurenshope.com/

You can find stylish bracelets for wearing.  I need to order one myself.  

HTH! 

Sherry
aquapolyester
on 7/7/12 1:35 am
RNY on 07/17/12
 Thanks! 
I was just looking on eBay.... I think I am going to buy just a tag and make my own beaded bracelets.  It looks like a lot of them just come up to 8" in length... that's not going to work for me right now.  I can make mine adjustable. 
HW = 400  SW = 352  CW = 330

poet_kelly
on 7/7/12 2:40 am - OH
Mine says:

My name
gastric bypass
no NSAIDS
no Sugars
No blind NG tube

and on the back
In Emergency Call
and my partner's number

I've been advised by several EMT's and ER nurses that we should not wear one that looks like cute jewelry because it's easy to overlook in an emergency.  It needs to look like a medical ID bracelet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BeccaM76
on 7/7/12 3:40 pm
I have one. I ordered it from Laurenshope.com. I put my name, gastric bypas rny, and no blind ng tube. I work in a hospital and I would advice against very "beady" or decorative bracelets as they will/can be overlooked in an emergency/trauma situation. That being said, I have the plain placket or "tag" with the engraving on the back, but I will be making my own plain beaded band.

jamiebrain
on 7/8/12 1:28 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 I'm glad you mentioned this - I would *never* have thought of it.  No one's mentioned it but it makes a great deal of sense!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 179 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?