I Could Really Use Some Advice

clsino
on 7/11/12 6:51 am
So last weekend with the support of my family and friends I moved my alcoholic fiance out of my house.  It has been an unsettling time to say the least. 

I have really been having issues eating.  Solids make me want to puke and shakes make me want have to run to the bathroom for other reasons.  I know a lot of this has to do with nerves and stress because I was fine before all of this crap went down at my house.  I am also dealing with a lot of anxiety and feelings of panic.  I have never had these issues before.  I am on lexapro and wellbutrin for depression and have been for years but from what I have read they don't do much for anxiety and panic. 

Then to add more anxiety to the mix I have to fly out on Friday morning for my brothers wedding.  When I think about the getting on the plane I start to sweat and have a hard time breathing. 

So I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning, they are working me in and unfortunately it is with a doctor in the office I don't see.  I have no idea what to tell her and quite honestly as I write this I feel like I am batty as **** but I just don't know what to do and can't handle feeling anxious, panicked and on top of that not able to eat.

Christy

BWB
on 7/11/12 7:03 am
Believe me, you are far better off without an alcoholic to deal with. Getting away for a family celebration will also be good for you. Take a deep breath and have faith that something ahead is going to be better. Sorry for all your anxiety it all will pass.

Sherry T.
on 7/11/12 7:09 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
First of all, I want to say Congratulations on taking a bold move! I know it's hard, i am married to an alcoholic and lost my job....so I feel very stuck right now and I can't make a move until I do find a job but it's going to be a roller coaster when I can get out of here.  He will never believe that he caused alof of the reasons I lost a job that I had for 19 years.  Stress, anxiety and errors just caused mistakes.  Unfortunately. 

I take Wellbutrin and at one time my doctor had me on Pristiq.  At first I felt like it helped but then I felt like it really didn't help me and I developed a terrible case of the Hives and still fighting them...finally got them manageable with an allergist.  So, I asked my primary dr to put me back on Wellbutrin.....I still have mood swings but mostly depends on his drinking or not. 

Hang in there! It will get better just like I know it will for me...just hoping to get some more of this weight off me and find a job sooner rather than later!! 

((((Hugs))))
Sherry
poet_kelly
on 7/11/12 7:13 am - OH
Tell her exactly what's going on.  Tell her your alcoholic boyfriend just left and now you feel anxious and nauseous and have diarrhea.  Tell her you have to get on a plane Friday and just thinking about it makes you sweat and have trouble breathing.  Tell her you're on meds for depression but this anxiety is new and it's really causing problems for you in terms of being able to do every day things.  Ask her if she can prescribe something to take as needed for anxiety.

Are you in therapy?  I would suggest making an appointment with a therapist to talk about ways to cope with the anxiety.  And I would tell the doctor you're doing that.  But you need something to help you right now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/11/12 8:17 am
(HUGS)...
first I am glad and sorry at the same time. Glad he is out of your house (great decision) - sad - because someone you  care about is ruining their life and causing you pain. Maybe he would get better.. maybe..

As for the anxiety - some that may help if you know how to - is meditation, or yoga, or reiki  treatment.  I would suggest acupuncture e- if you have some one you know and trust. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

wendydettmer
on 7/11/12 8:20 am - Rochester, NY
what a stressful and anxious time for you - it's natural and normal that you have a lot of intense emotions about it. i would just be honest and talk about how you are trying hard to not turn to food as comfort, and need something to just help get you through this rough time.

good luck - and congratulations on doing what you knew you needed to do - even though the right things are rarely the easy ones

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

twellington1
on 7/11/12 8:52 am - NH
I agree with Kelly...you need to tell the doctor how you are feeling so you can get some help. I have terrible anxiety and if I do not treat it properly I cannot function.  You are doing the right thing in regards to your boyfriend and you need to continue to take care of yourself. Good luck and have fun with your family at the wedding.

Cherokeesage
on 7/11/12 9:17 am
RNY on 02/24/12
You are in my prayers beautiful Christy. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

clsino
on 7/11/12 9:42 am
Thanks everyone for your kind responses.  Kelly you are right, I just need to tell the doctor what is going on.  I just worry that once I start talking about it I will sounds like a blubbering fool, but at this point I don't have many other options if I want to start feeling better.

I know this too shall pass, it will just take some time and work to get over this.

Christy

soozieq
on 7/11/12 9:50 am
I think talking it out will help you mentally *and* physically.  You can't keep it bottled in.  I don't have any advice to offer, but I wanted to give you a big cyber hug.  You had to make a tough decision, but you know it was the right one to make.  I hope all goes well with your brother's wedding!  Have a safe trip.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views