what about vaginas?

vogel_girl
on 7/10/12 10:40 am
Alright I know this is an off the wall question...but its a serious one!  I'm having surgery next week and I'm just curious if my vagina is going to start sagging or if theres going to be any noticeable differences???
Darcy S.
on 7/10/12 10:46 am - Clinton, CT
Lmao! Not sure but mines all good. Jahahahah

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

JaneJetson
on 7/10/12 10:50 am
RNY on 05/07/12
Wow, that's all I need. But it's a real question.  Go ask Kelly.  OMG one more thing............
vogel_girl
on 7/10/12 10:48 am
lol I know its a dumb question but I am soo nervous and people at work were saying its going to be all saggy and sloppy! I really dont want that lol
JaneJetson
on 7/10/12 10:53 am
RNY on 05/07/12
  I am sorry, but the people at work I think are messing with your head.  Where in the hell did they get that info?  OMG  Tell them I can fix it with surgery, but you can't fix stupid.   Jane
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/12 12:01 pm - OH
They likely got the info from someone who DID have a lot of fat in that area and then lost weight and had sagging skin there!  There is nothing stupid about what they said becasue it is TRUE.  See my response below.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vogel_girl
on 7/10/12 10:53 am
Whos Kelly?
vogel_girl
on 7/10/12 10:55 am
I dont know if they just assume that all of my skin is going to be loose so that will too I dont know...
happy_baker
on 7/10/12 10:57 am, edited 7/9/12 10:58 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
Well, um... are we talking about your vagina--the reproductive opening to your body, or are we talking about the mons pubis--the mound of flesh where your pubic hair grows? Two totally different areas.

If we're talking about vaginas, I haven't noticed any difference. Except my sex drive has increased a bit and I'm more...er, flexible. :D I'm not sure the vagina is an area that is too heavily affected by weight gain/loss.

If we're talking about the mons pubis, then it depends on your size and body structure. I didn't have a lot of fat accumulation there, so it hasn't been an issue for me so far. But I know some people do notice sagging there as their fat deposits disappear, so I suppose it would all depend on whether your mons is larger than average now or not. Even at my heaviest, mine wasn't. But some are.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
unewillow
on 7/10/12 10:58 am - CT
Haha, there are no stupid question.

So, some people need to get a mons pubis lift along with a pannulectomy or abdominoplasty after they lose weight. Basically, the skin in front of your vagina (where your pubic hair is) can get saggy because the fat behind it goes away. But your labia and vagina itself should be virtually unaffected.

On a personal level, I think my actual vagina looks better than it did prior to surgery, but that could be because I can actually see it now...lol

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views