when did you feel normal again?

mollysadventure
on 7/14/12 11:31 am - WA
RNY on 06/26/12
I am about 2 and a half weeks post op. I went back to work Wednesday and feel exhausted...(i work in medical office so no strenuous activities) i really want to start exercise program (mma and kick boxing) but i am so tired and still feel swollen and painful in my abdomen. doc says whenever i feel ready....so my question to you all is When did you feel back to normal? i also get weird little twinge pains on y sides and abdomen often...when to those go away?

soozieq
on 7/14/12 11:49 am
I would say about a month and half post op.  Maybe even closer to 2 months.  I felt pretty good but my energy levels would go up and down on a whim.  Just remember to let yourself heal.  it's going to take as long as your body needs, but you'll get to a point where you feel so normal you wonder if you even had surgery at all.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Wanda K.
on 7/14/12 11:52 am - Hope Mills, NC
RNY on 04/09/12
I went back to work two weeks after surgery also.  I also work in a doctor's office and usually took a break after lunch, around 1 and applied heat to my side.  I didn't feel back to normal until about 6 weeks out.  I had pain on my left side for about four weeks, along with swelling.  Take your time.  I didn't go back to the gym until after my second follow-up visit (8 weeks) because you don't want to be using those abdominal muscles too much.  MMA and kickboxing uses alot of abdominal muscles and I personally wouldn't do it until I knew my inner organs/muscles were well healed (at least six weeks).  Take your time.  I enjoyed going back to the gym.  Good luck and welcome to the loser bench.

Wanda 

HW: 282, SW: 244.4, CW: 211, GW: 140   

poet_kelly
on 7/14/12 12:52 pm - OH
Three months out, maybe.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics