fruit

KnittingPoet
on 7/15/12 1:47 am - Raleigh, NC
I'm 5 weeks out and craving fresh fruit (especially apples and grapes) but haven't tried any.  What was everyone able to eat at that point?

Lady Lithia
on 7/15/12 2:02 am
What does your plan say?

I think I had a single grape when I was about 9 weeks out. (boy was that yummy) and that was my first fresh fruit postop as long as you don't classify avocado a fruit (I had that at 3 weeks)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/15/12 2:06 am - OH
I was allowed to have no sugar added applesauce the first week.  That is easy on the pouch...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 7/15/12 2:22 am - OH
I was not supposed to eat hard fruit like apples until six weeks out but could eat soft fruit like strawberries at five weeks.  I had no trouble with it.  What does your doc's plan say?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KnittingPoet
on 7/15/12 2:35 am - Raleigh, NC
I don't remember talking about fresh fruit.  I guess I'll have to call in the morning.

grmadeb01
on 7/15/12 2:40 am - FL
i was allowed applesauce home from the hospital as i was on purees when i got home..i was on that for 2 weeks, i was having watermelon within those 2 weeks, had grapes and other fresh fruit at like the 3-4 week stage..i eat it with every meal, that is always my last bite of food, it gives my mouth a rinse kinda of like....and it makes me start to look for a drink, my drs plan is to wait for an hour after done eating, i ususaly start looking or wanting a drink at around the 45 min time frame...
apples are a bit harder to eat and digest, i can not eat a whole apple so i pretty much wait until my grand kids come and then i share an apple with them...i hate to eat brown on my apples...
good luck in trying fresh fruit, start small, and at home just in case you may have problems, some folks dump on the natrual sugars in the fresh fruit...but i personally have not had any problems with fresh fruit.
debby
wendydettmer
on 7/15/12 7:49 am - Rochester, NY
i had applesauce early out. i had peeled apples at like...8 weeks maybe? and then a few weeks after, i tried it with the peel on and haven't had any issues.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Katari
on 7/15/12 8:15 am - OR
I had no sugar added applesauce, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I like apples, but the skins on them still give me issues so I peel them. Plums are the same way, so I'll eat them but leave the skins off. Grapes no issues, but  just be careful.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

tgrlnh
on 7/15/12 9:27 am
RNY on 06/05/12
I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday.  I eat fruit but not oranges because my doctor tole me not to.  I LOVE watermelon!

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

UnbreakableMe
on 7/16/12 4:04 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I'm 6 weeks this coming Wednesday.  I've tried watermelon, cantaloupe and the inside of a very soft peach.. I've had no trouble with them.. And they were very refreshing.  I just did not eat a lot of it.   Good Luck!

"For I know the Plans I have for you" ...Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views