Rewards for scale victories

OKCatLady
on 7/15/12 10:31 am
RNY on 04/10/12
Well, I finally got around to my "reward list" I made for myself about 3 months before surgery. I have ALWAYS rewarded myself by treating myself to some fancy dinner or a new restaurant I have never tried before. When I created my List, I came up with scale-goals and the rewards I would give myself if and when I made them.

The first reward was supposed to be when I reached 250lb and I told myself I would buy myself all new makeup (I haven't done that in over 5 years....I haven't felt pretty enough to treat myself to a full makeover!).

The second reward was for reaching Onderland and my reward was supposed to be a bunch of new jewelry from Avon---I love their jewelry and since I want SO MUCH of their stuff, I just became a distributor so I could get the discount for myself!!

I know I am down to 186, but for some crazy reason-I kept putting off my rewards because I thought maybe the scale readings were a fluke and I didn't really lose that much weight....I know, I can see it in my pictures, but that feeling is there!! My hubby finally got mad that I had not given myself my rewards and he sat down with me and made me order $200 worth of makeup and jewelry!!!!! He finally got his retirement payout and he wanted to make sure that I got what I have been working for!!! Such a sweetie.

My next reward is when I hit 175 and I am going to go get my nails done and a new haircut :D Boy, this is kinda fun getting spoiled like this.....

If I had known years ago that I could have all the great reward feelings without the post-meal guilt, I would have done this SO MUCH sooner LOL Now, if I could only start enjoying shopping for clothes as much as accessories and beauty stuff, I would have it made!!!

On a side note, I did find a bunch of cute tops at Goodwill that will tide me through my size 14s!!! With the rate I am losing sizes, I will have to go shopping again in a few weeks, but for now I think I am set hehe

Poppy

Jewelsstevens
on 7/15/12 10:42 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
What a wonderful feeling!!! And you DO have such a sweetie for a husband!

Cherokeesage
on 7/15/12 12:09 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Yeah for rewards!

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

GraceGirl
on 7/15/12 12:35 pm