5 day pouch test

MsAReed86
on 7/15/12 3:34 pm - IL
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone could tell me the procedures for the 5 day pouch test. I had RNY on 7/12/11 and got down 121lbs in that year even with getting pregnant 5 months after surgery. I'm due to have my son in 9 weeks and so far I have gained a total of 7lbs while being pregnant but I hear that the last trimester is when you gain the most. I'm so afraid of gaining weight and not getting back down to my goal weight, so I want to make sure that when I have my son I know exactly how to get back on track with my weight loss.
So if any of you can tell me how to do the pouch test I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

BugdocMom
on 7/15/12 3:57 pm - CA
http://5daypouchtest.com/index.html

I haven't checked it out in detail, but I hear the details are on this webpage. You don't have to pay for access.
artroxy blue
on 7/15/12 8:49 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 That's great that you've only gained 7lbs! :)

I doubt you're going to gain a ton of weight in the next 9 weeks, though. I know it feels like that but I don't think that will happen. I gained 22 lbs. during my pregnancy with my daughter, and by 6 weeks postpartum, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight (even if I am MO). My daughter weighed 8lb. 5oz. when she was born, so the rest was fluids, blood and the placenta. You'll be fine. ;)
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/16/12 12:11 am, edited 7/16/12 12:12 am
You are pregnant. 7 pounds is nothing.

I don't think you should be doing the pouch test while you are pregnant. You may wish to consult a medical professional and get some advice on what and how much you should be eating for you and especially for your baby to be healthy.

syarbroG-5
on 7/16/12 8:54 am
check with MSWILLNOTSETTLE  in the BAF forum...............................

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 100 views