hello all, any suggestions for GERD soothing food?

Jocelyn F.
on 7/19/12 6:47 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14
I'm new here, I've lurked before while doing research and over the past couple of weeks have returned and read tons of threads. Just want to thank everyone for making this place such a great resource, I've learned so much.

My first class (I have kaiser) is a week from today and I'm starting to freak out a bit with this huge life change getting closer. I'm pretty sure the only reason they approved me is because my GERD has become absolutely horrendous and has been burning my throat into hoarseness (I'm under 40 BMI, though with eating more bland and carby stuff cause of worsened GERD I was at 39 at my weigh-in with the nutritionist.... not happy about that but she pointed out that it improved my chances of being granted approval).

I know a lot of folks here struggled with GERD, any suggestions as to other types of food that would soothe my throat without being giant "no-no's" for my eating plan (I already met with a nutritionist to start a GERD friendly eating plan but I still find myself wanting cool, thick things on my throat) would be so much appreciated! I'm eating a lot of yogurt and I am very thankful for sugar free popsicles. The only sherbert I see at the grocery store is sold in these enormous tubs like the size of the pot I make soup and chili in so I don't know that the sherbert is a great option right now. I've never been a ice cream fiend but with my throat the way it is now combined with the heat I've been craving ice cream frequently, which is why I'm looking to branch out from yogurt and popsicles. I'm wondering if adding in protein shakes for some meals would work, if I shop around and find some I really like. I'm also going to talk to the nutritionist about it the next appointment with her.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views