What is going on with my pouch or head?

shaniam326
on 7/19/12 1:47 pm - RI
I am 9 weeks out RNY the past 8 weeks have been great, 3 meals a day, energy, weight loss all those good things. All of a sudden this past week I will wake up feel "hungry" after sleeping all night and go to cook one of my favorites such as scrambled egg beaters with diced ham, I am actually excited to sit down with my meal and as soon as the food touches my lips, i cant even stomach it anymore! I dont get it! I was practically salvating making myself a turkey burger the other night, prepped it the way I like, cut it all up, same thing sat down took a bite and had to spit it out in the garbage! I LOVE THESE FOODS!! what on earth is going on?! So needless to say the past 3 days I have barely eaten anything so starting tmr I think i am going to go back to protein shakes and try to eat a dinner. I didnt lose my appetite like my mom thinks, I still feel hunger after 6 hours of consuming food, I just cant enjoy the taste of anything. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned and call my NUT?

never2late4change
on 7/19/12 4:05 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
I heard during ny seminar that your taste buds can change after surgery such that food you once loved becomes revolting. That's probably it. You'll find new favorites to enjoy.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

Dani Dutch
on 7/19/12 4:52 pm - Netherlands
You are totally normal. I had an appointment with my NUT yesterday and he said the same thing. I used to love beef, now the idea of eating disgust me. Crazy right?
Adrianne_Dawn
on 7/20/12 12:42 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 I go through the same thing I'm almost 2 months out.  One day I'll love something the next day I'll love the smell but not want to eat it. hahaha 

Also things that were my favorite once I know dont' really like. Which is kinda annoying cause some of them are healthy items.  

Worst for me is I go grocery shopping and have to stop myself from buying "sale" items cause the reality is I'll never eat it all before it goes bad. hahaha 

Anyways my advice would be to mix it up and try something new. :)

shaniam326
on 7/20/12 12:50 am - RI
Thanks everyone for the helpful tips I am going to try a few new things today and hope this gets better : )

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics