ANYONE IN FLORIDA! I NEED HELP!

Amy_Lou
on 7/22/12 8:42 am - FL
I've been on Medicaid Medipass for the last year, and it covered my bariatric and knee surgeries. It has honestly been a God send. Just last week, I received a letter in the mail, saying that I no longer have insurance because there is a change being made from Medicaid to Medicare. Anyway, I was instructed to pick a new insurance company from the list, before August 16th, and I am CLUELESS as to which one! I've been given 20 choices, but I have to keep future plastic surgery possibilities, and my RNY post-op needs in mind when choosing my new insurance. I HAVE been getting rashes under my abdomen and left breast due to my weight loss... and I may need to get plastic surgery for this someday. I do know a few people that have been covered by their insurance for plastic surgery; but they are not in my state, South Florida. Below are my choices. Can anyone with experience please put me on the right path? I'd truly appreciate it.

Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc.
Staywell Health Plan of Florida
Sunshine State Health Plan, Inc.
United Healthcare of Florida
Universal Health Care, Inc.
Vista, Coventry Health Plan of Florida, Inc.
AMERIGROUP Community Care
Buena Vista, Coventry Health Care Plan of Florida, Inc.
Freedom Health, Inc.
CareFlorida
Humana Medical Plan, Inc.
Medica Health Plans of Florida
Molina Healthcare of Florida
Clear Health Alliance
Preferred Medical Plan
Medicaid Medipass

Thank you and God bless!

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 
   ;*, ;',*             ;*, ;',*;    

poet_kelly
on 7/22/12 8:48 am - OH
I assume you could contact each one and ask for information about what they do and do not cover.  Most insurance policies will cover surgery to remove excess skin IF it causes medical problems like rashes or infections AND if your doctor has documented that in your medical chart AND you've tried medications for it and they haven't helped.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LiciaLou
on 7/22/12 9:01 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
You don't have to make a change. You are on Medicaid Medipass (that's on the list) & if you want to stay on Medipass you don't do anything. It sounds like they are just letting you know it is time for your open enrollment.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

Amy_Lou
on 7/22/12 1:16 pm - FL
Hey Licia, what does "open enrollment" mean? I'm new to all this...

Thanks all! :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

LiciaLou
on 7/22/12 2:58 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Open enrollment is just a time frame where you are able to change your medicaid benefit provider (one of the hmo companies DCF told you to choose from) without having to jump through any extra hoops. If you are happy with Medipass, I would stay with them since you are already set up with your dr's. If you don't want to change, you don't have to do anything.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

Amy_Lou
on 7/23/12 7:36 am - FL
Thanks Licia :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 7/22/12 9:02 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I would call your Bariatric surgeon and your ortho and see what insurance they take and which one they would prefer to work with.
My daughter changed her insurance under Medi-cal to one that our surgeon preferred working with

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Amy_Lou
on 7/23/12 7:37 am - FL
Will do. Thanks a bunch! :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views