Head Screwing with Me?

JennLyric
on 7/22/12 9:15 am
 I had a band to RNY revision on 6/29.  From the time I started the pre-op diet (about 8 days before surgery) to now (7/22) I've lost 25 pounds.  Is that good?  Bad?  Average?  My head tells me it's a really low number, but I've learned not to trust my head.  It feels like everyone else is losing 60 pounds in 20 minutes (not literally, so please don't correct me)!  I'm getting plenty of liquids in and working on making pureed chicken, etc. the main protein with a couple of shakes a day.

I've heard about the 3 week stall.  Is this my stall?  Does it just suddenly pick up?

I'm totally open to the possibility that my head is screwing with me.

Thanks you guys!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/22/12 9:27 am - OH
 That's a 25 pound loss in only a month... Which is almost a pound a day!  How much faster could you possibly expect to lose?!?  Sounds like you could benefit from talking to someone about your expectations and the messages you are giving yourself.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JennLyric
on 7/22/12 9:34 am
Hi Lora:

Do you know I just looked at a calendar and you're right...it's only been a little over 4 weeks since I started my pre-op diet!  Seriously, it feels like I've been doing this for almost 2 months.

Okay, thank you.  I'll chalk this up to...let's see what I can make up here...um...fatigue?  Post-op fog?  Um...my shoes don't fit?  You name it.

Thank you.  You're absolutely right.

Jennifer
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/22/12 9:44 am - OH
I vote for the ill-fitting shoes, LOL. 

Everyone is anxious for the excess weight to disappear, but please do yourself a favor and focus your energy on making the lifestyle changes that will help you keep the weight off long-term and less on what the scale says. Stalls will happen (although you are not in one now), and some of them may be a couple of months long; some weeks you may lose a lot and the next week or two you may lose next to nothing.  It is all normal.  Everyone loses differently and there is no "normal".

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

courtwillbehealthy
on 7/22/12 9:36 am - burlington, VT
 6+ lbs a week is bad? 

no. 6 lbs a week is above average for weight loss. your doing amazing. keep up the good work. 
JennLyric
on 7/22/12 9:42 am
Thank you.  I think that the hardest part of this whole journey is my own head!  lol
courtwillbehealthy
on 7/22/12 10:00 am - burlington, VT
understandable. :) like iv been told many times we all go through bouts of not feeling like were going to do well. :) 
all we can do is stick to what were told, ask questions when were confused and move on with out lives :) were pretty close! less then a month apart :) 
Deb331
on 7/22/12 9:46 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
I had the same head trip at that stage. I still do. I just have to remind myself to look at the big picture and remind myself that I'm being silly. You are doing great!

JennLyric
on 7/22/12 9:51 am
 I hear more and more people talk about "this stage."  What is it about 3 weeks out??  My mother reminded me that I went through this after my banding in 2003 at the 3 week mark.  I had forgotten (I still don't remember).

It's SO not about the food with me right now.  I'm not missing the crap food and I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.  I just need to let the numbers go.  I'm not weighing every day because I learned that awful lesson.  I'm leaving it to every Monday and will make it even less often if I need to.

Thank you all.  You helped this struggling soul with the ill-fitting shoes!! lol
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 7/22/12 10:52 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Jenn,
Welcome to the other side of the band :)
Now that we have established that you aren't loosing slow, I am happy for you.
I have been loosing slowwwwwww , after the first couple of weeks , I seem to loose a couple of pounds one week out of the month....it is weird, but I will take what I can get. So nice not to have pain when I eat. and I KNOW I have to loose weight with 5' of intestines bypassed !!!
Hope you do well with the bypass !!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?