Vitamin question

Tami Smith
on 7/27/12 7:48 am - Duluth, GA
RNY on 08/06/12
 Hey all! With pre op w the Dr coming up on the 1st and then surgery on the 6th (YAY) I was thinking about the pre op and getting the BA pack w the vitamins and shake mix from the DR, I came upon a thought. Has anyone ever had their pouch disagree w they type/brand of vitamins they use?

poet_kelly
on 7/27/12 7:58 am - OH
All the chewables I started out with made me feel nauseous.  I started with chewable Centrum and then switched to Celebrate chewables, plus I had Celebrate chewable calcium and sublingual B12, and they all made me nauseous.  Now the only chewables I do is the yummy Calcet creamy bites or BA calcium chews sometimes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tami Smith
on 7/27/12 8:20 am - Duluth, GA
RNY on 08/06/12
 Thanks, Kelly!
MLJ2012
on 7/27/12 8:44 am - MA
I am using the Bariatric Fusion supplements..they are chewable.  I have the tropical flavor...they could taste better, but I have no trouble tolerating them. This is the multi vitamin, calcium and B12 supplements all in one product.

poet_kelly
on 7/27/12 9:03 am - OH
Keep in mind that to get the 200% of the RDA of things that the ASMBS recommends, you'd need to take eight of those a day. 

Also, they contain some calcium citrate, which is what we need, and some calcium carbonate, which we can't absorb.

Also, we cannot absorb the B12 in them because we lack intrinsic factor in our pouch.  We need a sublingual B12, or the nasal spray, or shots.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tami Smith
on 7/27/12 1:07 pm - Duluth, GA
RNY on 08/06/12
 Thx for all the info!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?