new ideas????

vogel_girl
on 7/27/12 10:16 am
 I am on week 2 pureed and I am struggling big time trying to get protein in as it makes me sick.. Does anyone have any ideas to get it in along with different ideas for pureed food??
 Thanks
poet_kelly
on 7/27/12 10:52 am - OH
Greek yogurt, pureed cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, refried beans, protein shakes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lynnc99
on 7/27/12 11:08 am
 The pureed stage was hardest for me. Some ideas:

Wendy's chili pureed
Pureed bean with bacon soup
Ricotta cheese with SF DaSani flavored syrup

Price S.
on 7/27/12 12:47 pm - Mills River, NC
I ate all the easy stuff, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, etc but also pureed whatever my family was eating from roast beef, chicken, etc. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Btrue2u
on 7/27/12 4:06 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
 How about ricotta cheese with low sugar red sauce baked with cheese on top ...crust-less quiche....re fried beans with cheese and a little bit of taco sauce....protein bullets to make you will need :fat free Greek yogurt mix with sugar free jello pudding (you can add sf syrups to taste) spoon into ice cube tray freeze and eat ...you could also sub some of the jello pudding mix for some protein powder chocolate or vanilla to really boost the protein ///creamy pumpkin moose :1/2cup 2%cottage cheese 1/4 cup pure pumpkin 1-2tbsp fat free milk  1/2tbsp sf vanilla pudding  1-2tbsp sweetener of your choice IE splenda  1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice  1/2tsp  cinnamon....mix in blender and enjoy .......one serving 1/2-3/4 cup....150 cal.....2g fat....10g protein.....10g sugar from cottage cheese/// pumpkin protein shake .....3/4cup fat free milk ..1/4cup fat free half and half or milk ...1 scoop protein powder vanilla....1/4 cup of puree pumpkin ....2-3pk of sweetener of your choice ...1/2teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 6 ice cubes ...in a blender mix ingred.until thick and smooth serve with cinnamon on top.....cal300...protien 35.....fat 5...sugar 6g ////egg burrito 1/8cup egg beater cook in skillet witha spray of pam put 2 tsp of re fried bean shredded cheese a drop of Greek yogurt some taco sauce roll it up and it's an egg burrito //banana ice cream :freeze 2 bananas in a freezer bag ....add to blender and pulse add some mil****il you get the consistency you like add some protein powder ....scoop into a dish ad a drizzle of sf chocolate syrup ****bananas have natural sugar ...raspberry shake ....1/2 cup vanilla sf yogurt or plain ...1/2 cup raspberries frozen 1 cup double milk (i cup skim milk with 3tablespoons of skim milk powder).. a few ice cubes add sweetener of choice ....20g of protein ..you can replace with protein powder to up the protein to 45g per shake ...you can try with any fruit jus****ch the Natal sugar in the fruit //// crab meat stuffed deviled eggs ....boil 8 eggs peel and keep 4 yolks mix with fat free or light mayo 1 can of crab meat dry mustard and cayenne pepper stuff refrigerate and enjoy //////  IF YOU LIKE TOFU .....1 pkg SILKEN tofu drained 2 cups of strawberries chopped 1 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener of choice place above in a blender until very smooth refrigerate 1-2 hours///// creamy hot oat bran ...1/2 banana...1 scoop protein powder 1 cup water 1 teaspoon sweetener 1/4tsp cinnamon ...bring water to a boil pour in oat bran reduce heat to low and cook 5 mins add sweetener protein powder and cinnamon and banana..this will help with the protein
and the #2 ...hope these help a little ...good luck ..Jenn  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Beth B.
on 7/28/12 10:40 am - Fayetteville, NC
My head is spinning ..... my surgery date is 8/13.  What is SF syrup?  Thanks!
Beth
garnetgal
on 7/28/12 11:06 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
 DaVinci or Toriani sugar free syrup. They come in a lot of flavors.

Candy V.
on 7/28/12 11:26 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
From an old post I saved: (not mine)
blend to applesauce consistency to slid off a spoon.
egg salad
scrambled eggs
tuna salad
chicken salad (use canned chicken since it's super soft)
chili
laughing cow cheese wedges
ff refried beans with a little melted cheese
cottage cheese
ricotta cheese
plain greek yogurt (added a little splenda and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice)
no sugar added applesauce
sugar free pudding
protein shakes, broth and other liquids
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views