Illness....Venting Post

mg220
on 7/29/12 12:57 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
I am scheduled to have my surgery on August 8th, though I was supposed to have it August 1st but after being diagnosed with Lyme disease my dr. wants me to finish my antibiotics first. I was quite afraid when I found the "ring" on my back that this bout of lyme disease would be like the one I had 8 years ago that I have never fully bounced back from. When I had it 8 years ago I had IV antibiotics and my mother even had to wash my hair for me because I could not lift my arms. Thankfully, though, I am feeling much better as far as the lyme goes this time around. So I was diagnosed with the lyme about 2 weeks ago and on Friday when I was doing laundry I got a sharp pain in my neck that has not gone away. I went to the DR. and sure enough, a pinched nerve! I started taking the hydrocodone and IBprofin (which I have to discontine on wednesday) and vomited for 24 hours straight. I know this is due to the nausia from the lyme meds as well as the fact that I am going through major withdrawal from a med I have to go off prior to surgery (cymbalta). I have been weening off it slowley for the past 2 months but just this past week went from 30mg to nothing. So I called the DR again and now have something to take for nausia. I am just so frusterated because I just want to try to relax, prepare for surgery,  and not be in such a painful place right before surgery. I can't wait for life after surgery. I just want to be healthy. I am not looking for any sympathy - I just really needed to vent because I am frusterated and in pain. Your prayers that, ya know, I don't get the plague or any other illnesses pre-surgery would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading!!!
JJ_
on 7/29/12 1:17 pm
Prayers are being sent your way.  I must say however, that even if surgery is delayed, it is for the best.  The surgery itself will knock you for a loop and you will probably need to nap regularly, etc.  So you do not want to be battling more than one thing at a time!

I hope you heal quickly from your current woes.

Judy
bethdukep
on 7/29/12 1:49 pm - Mardela Springs, MD
Good luck to you..  Drs delay surgery for reasons and dont want to take any chances with anesthesia. Will pray for you and your upcoming surgery.
Cherokeesage
on 7/29/12 1:57 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
My prayers are with you.  Hugs

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/29/12 9:43 pm
Hugs..... I hate to hear you have Lyme. I heard it is horrible stuff.

But I also worry that you plan to have RNY on top of that. With Lyme disease you may end up with inflammation may need additional meds, pain -anti inflammatory pain pills. With RNY taking pills like ibuprofen may lead to serious complication like bleeding ulcers.
You still have time to hopefully consider the Sleeve -VSG. Possible chronic desease - and RNY may not be your best choice.
Hala

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Princess Brandy
on 7/29/12 10:10 pm - PA
 I also have Lymes, luckily not to many issues. 
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
mg220
on 7/30/12 7:13 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I probably should have mentioned in my post that I have chronic lyme from 8 years ago. I feel ok this time around, not to many symptoms. As far as the NSAIDs go - I generally dont take them in less I feel like I am dying. I am relly not too worried about it....thank you for your concern but I will be going through with RNY on August 8th.
Meg

Surgery Date: August 8th, 2012
HW: 285 / Surgery Day Weight: 274 / CW: 237.5 / Goal Weight: 160

"BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"
-GANDHI

Most Active
What?s on your photo Friday menu?
Melody P. · 55 replies · 619 views
What?s on your Monday menu?
Melody P. · 33 replies · 430 views
What?s on your Thursday menu?
Melody P. · 30 replies · 380 views