need some ways to jazz up my protien! HELP!!

vogel_girl
on 7/30/12 11:25 am

My protein is kind of making me sick! I need some ways to jazz it up or help it taste some what normal! Please send suggestions! I am on week 2 post op and I need it... Thanks

poet_kelly
on 7/30/12 12:08 pm - OH
What kind of protein do you have? What flavor?

If you like coffee flavored drinks, a spoonful of instant decaf coffee makes vanilla and chocolate shakes taste good.  It helps cover up that protein smell/taste, too.

I like protein shakes made in the blender with some ice cubes, so they are more thick and kinda like a milkshake.

You can also put protein powder in hot drinks, like coffee or hot chocolate (go for sugar free).  To do that, I put a scoop of protein powder in a couple ounces of room temp liquid and stir to make a paste, then stir that paste in to the hot drink.

You can mix protein powder with crystal light.  LIke, you could put strawberry protein powder in crystal light lemonade to make strawberry lemonade.

You can add a spoonful of sugar free pudding mix to make different flavors.  You can add extracts, like you find in the baking aisle at the store.  You could put a drop of mint extract in a chocolate shake, for instance.  Only start with a drop, though, those things are strong!  You can buy sugar free syrups like they put in coffee drinks to change up the flavors in your shakes.  I put peach flavored syrup in a vanilla shake, amarretto syrup in a cappuccino shake, raspberry syrup in either a vanilla shake or cappuccino shake, etc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

juleskar
on 7/30/12 2:22 pm
Check out Nic's site:Bariatric Foodie or Shelly's site:The World According to Eggface. They both have lots of variations for shakes. Love them!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 67 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?