Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes?

Missy A.
on 7/31/12 1:35 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Has anyone had these? This is the brand that my surgeon requires for my pre-op diet. I know its stupid, but he said I can have whatever brand I want after surgery but to drink this brand before surgery. The only reason I can come up with is that it has more protein (27g) than most other brands. Who knows! I bought the chocolate, banana and orange. Anyone use or try these?

Missy

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Strjen
on 7/31/12 2:02 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
I had to buy 2 bags before surgery too. I liked the unflavored & the orange creme. 5 1/2 months post op & I still have about a 1/3 of each bag left. I stopped drinking them shortly after surgery & haven't had one since. They aren't bad but I had to mix them & drink them right away or they would get too thick for my liking & I wouldn't drink them when they were thick.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

GraceGirl
on 7/31/12 2:26 pm
I sampled them at a support meeting. I was not a fan. sorry. Hopefully they work for you

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 7/31/12 2:38 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Those are the ones my surgeon's office carries, and I have to tell you, I think they're GROSS!  I've tried them all except for the orange...not a big fan of orange. 

Shannon
OldmanJim
on 7/31/12 2:43 pm - AZ
I had the BA Meal Replacement protein drink for 2 weeks before my RNY on May 17th.  I had to have 3 shakes a day and I could have one of their protein bars in the evening.  Nothing else bu****er.  I only cheated once when I had a small low fat hamburger pattie and a deviled egg over the entire 2 weeks and the last day of clear liquids with a flush that night.  The surgeon wanted me to "shink my liver".  I will say I lost right around 20 lbs over that time.  It must have worked because I DID NOT have an opened RNY.

As for how it tasted?  Let me just say that I was glad to get to the clear liquid day.  Also I will never drink it again. 
marianthelibrarian
on 7/31/12 6:05 pm
There is a trick to making them- you have to doctor them up with sf syrups and such. Check out the Bariatric Foodie blog for shake recipes and tips.

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

artroxy blue
on 7/31/12 8:47 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I find they thicken as they sit, so you may need to thin it out according to your tastes. I felt like I was gagging. I did like the chocolate, and I still have the banana sample. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics